Brewer Fanatic

5/29/07 Braves (Smoltz) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Research shows that SMolts IS one of those pitchers who has meaningful splits where LHB have an advantage . . ..

LHB 263/.315/.405

RHB ..230/.259/.347

over the last three years so it makes sense that he stacks the lineup with lefties against Peavy who has no difference, yet has Hart and Hall in against Smoltz who does.

?????

Well, what else can I do with my night. Is there really a point to watch this game anymore?

Doesn't matter if we're facing Smoltz or the local high school team, or so it seems at this point.

I guess it's only the first inning, but sheesh.

I don't get all of the excuses, he's pitching like crap, just say he's struggling Bill. The excuses they keep tossing out there each game are seriously starting to wear on my nerves.

edit. Thank you Mass.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I posted this a few hours ago in the "True test for Sheets tonite" thread:

Let's not be sarcastically unrealistic here. When people speak of an ace "stopping a losing streak" it means (to me at least) that he will keep the ball club in the game for the entire duration of the game (much like Capuano did yesterday).

If Sheets had the type of game you posted above, no one would fault him for losing the game, much like we did not fault Cappy in his outing yesterday.

Now, if Sheets goes out in the first inning and gives up 3-4 runs tonight, we'd have a legitimate gripe

We officially have the right to gripe.

Quote:
This is making the collapse of Team Streak in '87 look like a hiccup.

If this team makes the collapse of the '04 Brewers look like a hiccup then we have a really, really, really, really big problem on our hands.

If he's so locked in... why is everything waist high down the middle, and the breaking ball is hanging.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Well, I'm glad you said that we officially have reason to gripe, bucksman. Now we MUST gripe because you claim an ace will stop a losing streak no matter what. He's struggling, oh no he sucks! Oh wait, no he doesn't because I look at his last 7 starts and see that he hasn't given up more than 3 ER and has pitched more than 6 innings except for the time against the Cubs he got pulled. Oh and I also see the guy who won both of our games on the road trip in NY and Philly. But I guess you see a guy who struggled in the 1st inning of one game this year, so we must gripe. OK.

This is the year the Brewers were supposed to compete, the one in which they have been promising to their fans for 10 years. If they continue to slide, how long before Yost gets axed, especially in the most winnable division?

Seriously, is Doug going to let the whole thing slip away, or will he fire Yost, and attempt to circle the wagons with a new skipper?

on a positive note, what a heart breaking loss this will be for the ATL after Sheets goes the rest of the way hittless and the Crew puts up a 12 spot on Smoltzy.

- Plato

- Plato

jloos19....I kinda feel bad I foreshadowed this in some eerie way. Relax. Don't feel like you have to defend the "ace" everytime he blows up. I'm used to seeing these types of games from him.

Archived