Brewer Fanatic

5/29/07 Braves (Smoltz) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Coco certainly doesn't lack confidence... ha-ha, this interview is pretty entertaining. My favorite quote, "I just had to calm down and remind myself that I'm the best." he said it so matter of factly that I laughed out loud, not that he's wrong. Just that Prince tries not to give sound bites ever, and then you get Coco being the big pimp.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I give credit to players who do well. The reason why you think I do not root for Sheets is because I'm one of the few people on here (and there are others besides me) who aren't afraid to critique Sheets when he deserves it. Some feel the guy can do no wrong.

No its because you hate Sheets pure and simple. You haven't had a rational opinion of him for over a year now and any time he gives up runs you come sprinting to the boards to rip on him and then slink away when he has a good outing.

Sheets becoming an ace? Aren't some peoples definitions one who wins when the team isn't? One who stops losing streaks? This is 2 stopped losing streaks in 2 starts. Does this make him an ace finally?

Not sure if this should be in blue http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Quote:
Coco certainly doesn't lack confidence... ha-ha, this interview is pretty entertaining. My favorite quote, "I just had to calm down and remind myself that I'm the best." he said it so matter of factly that I laughed out loud, not that he's wrong. Just that Prince tries not to give sound bites ever, and then you get Coco being the big pimp.

HAHA that is funny. I missed it though. Did he say anything else?

Doh! Forgot to post last night. Finally a win, and in a more dramatic fashion. Towards the later innings the mood was very tense, as if we were just expecting the wheels to fall off some how.

For all you watching TV last night, apparently I was on, not once, but twice!

I have beenon the Brewers win diet. I am only eating on days they win. All that April weight sure came off fast. However, today the all you can eat buffet is going to go down and go down hard!

Verified Member

I got to see quite an eventful game from the left field bleachers. 30 hits and "2 errors" and the game only goes 3 hours. I just had the feeling that if Sheets could make it out of the first, he'd be fine.

Some ugly defense on both sides. But some nice plays by Hart and Jenkins.

There were a number of Atlanta fans there. Most were well behaved, except for one. He must have gotten up every inning and he did it during an at bat every time. Then he started taunting Brewer fans. The whole section got the hole cheer going. Got pretty interesting, until a cop sat in the section for the last few innings.

Archived