Brewer Fanatic

The Ben Sheets appreciation thread

ELCABALLO45

Sheets has been my favorite Brewer for years now.

My favorite Sheets moment may be his 18K game against the Braves in '04. My workplace had tickets to that game but I didn't go for some reason. Whatever my reason was I will never live it down.

3TO Apostle

Can't say much that hasn't been said. I loved those Cold Pizza interviews.

I remember during his 18K performance I was at my friends house listening to the game and washing our cars. Funny how you remember exactly what you were doing/where you were during things like that.

Aside from that, I like how quickly he works, his knowledge and appreciation of the game and its history and the funny sound bites.

According to BP, Sheets "would have" won 19 games in 2004 with average run support. But instead of recognozing how great of a season he had, some fans used his terrible run support as justification for labeling him, "not a winner." Yes, I'm still bitter. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sheets is a gifted athlete who's found a way to dazzle with two pitches (that's not very common , from what I've noticed). He's also always good for a funny sound bite. I'll take that over cliche riddled interviews, anyday.

Is Ben really a gifted athlete? He has one heck of a right arm but I swear the rest of his body parts aren't really in tune with each other. I guess it really doesn't matter if you are a pitcher. I remember being awe struck when Ben hit a fly out the warning track last year at Miller Park. That was pretty sweet

Another moment: I think it was back in '06, but when the Crew had a roadtrip to Coors Field to play the Rockies Sheets had the game where he gave up 10ER. It was a horrible game except for Sheets' base hit right down the first base line.

I remember Darron Sutton just going NUTS because Sheets finally got a hit. Too bad he gave up like 7 more runs after that.

3TO Apostle

Archived