Brewer Fanatic

Am I an idiot/relationship advice

Time for a Miller

I did just send her a text about 30 minutes ago and now we're texting back and forth (dumb 20 cent text messages).

woah, 20 cents a text? I would be broke since I text about 25 times a day. I would much rather text someone than call them, so for that reason alone, I have unlimited texting for like $10 a month. I'll also take a random number out of my friends phone and text it just for fun. Random, drunk, text messaging is fun to me for some weird reason.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it, the more I think its a must for a girlfriend of mine to really enjoy the thing I enjoy most. Any thoughts?

Well -- if you are looking for a casual/friendly relationship -- I think having similar interests is a must. However, if it is a long-term sort of thing you are looking for -- baseball should be WAY down on the list of importance, regardless of what kind of fan you are.

My wife and I couldn't be different in our likes -- she hates sports -- however once our kids got bigger, she enjoys sitting in the front room "with her boys" and watching the Steelers and the Brewers -- she'll make the boy pizza if the Steelers have a prime time game, or nachos on a Sunday afternoon. It's all about spending time with the kids where we (my wife and I) are on the same page -- the sports stuff works itself out.

As a side note: -- My wife HATES Ned Yost -- way more than I ever would. She rips on him regardless of what he does...

"Why is Yost taking Sheets out"

"Well honey, he has thrown 125 pitches, it's a good move"

"Quit defending your big buddy Ned"

I dont understand the desire to find a girl who likes sports as much as me.

Sports has always been my excuse to get away from the gf and hang out with the guys. Take tonight for example; the guys want to go to the bar and watch the game and that's #1 on my list of things I want to do. The girl I'm dating will watch baseball at times, but she'd rather go out with her girlfriends and let me go with the guys. Win/win/win. The last thing I'd want to be is the guy who brings the old lady with to everything. The guys don't like it, I don't like it, and most likely the girl will get tired of me pretty quickly that way.

Archived