Brewer Fanatic

Prince Fielder - 0 HRs through 6 games. Prince Fielder - on 2008 schedule magnet.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

(not sure if this is appropriate here or should go to off topic).

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Last season Albert Pujols had a stretch of 22 games without a home run. It happens. Power outages are not uncommon, so I don't worry too much about Prince. I do, however, have the gut feeling that Ryan Braun is going to hit more HRs than Prince.

The hr's will definitely come... but he looks frustrated with his lack of good hits right now.

Yes he does. I am not sure if you caught it, but the last game during the Giants series after he grounded out to first, he was very angry. The camera cut to him in the dugout, and he looked like he was having a seizure, he was pounding his fists all over the place.

So, when do we start the Steak for Prince fund?

I hope nobody does that, it would be the epitome of classlessness. Why should we try to interfere with his personal life?

From the article about his dietary shift:

But there is a catch, warned Fielder.

"My wife said that if I lose some power, she's cooking me a big steak."

My idea is based on a comment from Prince himself. I don't think that is being classless.

yeah, I have no doubt the homers will come, but man does he look frustrated up there. he hasn't gotten in any kind of groove it seems like despite his high BA.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I also think people, myself included, might not be making such a biggish deal about this had he not said he was going vegetarian. the wheels in the mind start connecting dots that probably aren't connected at all and one can very easily jump to (more than likely) false conclusions.

Archived