Brewer Fanatic

5/30/07 Braves (Hudson) @ Brewers (Bush): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good teams know how to win these type of Games.That why we lost another series but there hope if The Cubs and Pirates lose all be ok BLAH BLAH BLAH.

3 a Relief pitching is what this team has besides CV and FC,

Melvin get on the cell phone and make something happen because this pen really horrible.

Quote:
Good teams know how to win these type of Games

Good teams have their bullpens self destruct at times too, all of these horrible baseball cliches that get thrown out all the time make my head spin. Going 27-2 in games you are ahead in from the 7th on does not make this somehow a bad team.

wow, it sure seems that Shouse has been bad lately. Granted, he was given a rough situation, but he's falling behind everyone, and either giving up hits or walks. I'd feel better with Thatcher or Parra in his role at this point

Shouse is old - he's 37 or 38, and he's not dominant by any means. He has a funky sidearm delivery that throws lefties off-balance, but he's hittable.

Can anybody recap me some post-game radio or tv comments or interviews?

Quote:
He has great stuff and I just think people get too excited because he can look so dominate at times. I just think a good major league hitter that has good scouting reports is in a good position to beat him.

I agree 100%... Turnbow became so popular last year when he dominated the end of games. But teams know how to face him now. They take pitches, work the count, and try to make him through strikes. Half the time it seems he can't, and then he gets in trouble. Difference between Turnbow and Cordero is that Coco can through a strike when he needs to. He locks in... Turnbow seems to try to hard and get crazy wild.

What I saw today was that all the pitchers Ned brought in had the ball up. Isn't the first thing ingrained into these releivers heads, is to keep the ball down? That was just awful. Oh well, hopefully we won't see that ugliness again. BTW, Wes Obermeuller is pitching tomorrow for the Marlins. Brewers have a chance? How's his year going?

Relax. Like an earlier poster said, this happens. We've lost two leads after the 7th, that's it. Now today seemed worse just because we gave up so many runs but overall, not a big deal. Turnbow is going to screw up sometimes, but overall he's been very good for us. So let's all chill out and hope we can start winning some series again.

Verified Member

I was at the game today and had lots of thoughts . . .

1) Turnbow has done a good job this season and he's human. I am not going to pin this loss entirely on him. Having said that, there should be a "two walks and you are out" rule for someone like Turnbow. When he doesn't have command, he seems more vulnerable than our other pitchers for some reason. Bad things seem to happen.

2) I think Ned is getting a little quicker at recognizing when Turnbow is in trouble. He yanked Turnbow with the bases loaded. I see it as a small sign of progress although he's still gotta sense trouble a little sooner. To me, the red flag is when the Turnbow is really missing high with his pitches. That should be an early warning sign. Sometimes you walk people, but other times you seem really wild when you walk people. Ned's gotta consider that.

3) Why don't managers ever bring in their dominant closer when the game is on the line? I would have brought in Cordero after the two walks by Turnbow. Take your chances with someone else in the 9th inning. You gotta know when the game is on the line.

3) Shouse and Spurling didn't get the job done. It happens once in a while. Every bullpen has some rough outings over the course of the season.

4) The offense was disappointing again. I know Tim Hudson had an era of 2.38, but our runs came on a ground out and wild pitch. Nothing much going overall other than a Fielder solo shot. It was another struggle. The offense really needs to start putting up some runs to take the load off the pitching. We need bigger leads and earlier leads.

5) Very encouraging to see Dave Bush have a strong start. He needed that. I hope he can build on it and step up to help this team.

6) Nice to see Corey Hart get another start. Ned should just leave him alone and let him get hot. I know he will be fine out there.

Lots of kids and elderly people were at the game and the crowd was relatively quiet compared to normal. We didn't get much of a home-field feeling.

I to was at the game thanks to Pedro. Very dissapointing. It was nice however to see Bush pitch very good, Hart start again and get a hit, Billy getting 2 hits and Fielder going deep again. Hardy and Braun both had 0-fers though which hurt and the team only tookl 1 walk all day.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived