Brewer Fanatic

Who is this Trenni gal? Analyst overload?

Ann Carrol stumbled over her words and mispronounced player's names.

She could look like Jessica Alba and wear a 2 piece and i still wouldn't have been fond of her. Actually, I'd like her less because it'd be obvious she only got the job because she's hot instead of - wait, why did they hire her?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marketing of the past few decades has made it clear that sex sells. The majority of people watching baseball are men. It's not difficult to figure out why there is an abundance of good looking women walking sidelines and stadiums giving two-bit interviews.

That said, Trenni is a welcome addition to the team. She adds an angle to the broadcast without having to lean on the fact that she's a she.

I loved it when Ann would do the post game and they'd show highlights and she would say "Number 5 Cedeno hits into a double play" instead of "Ronny Cedeno hits into a double play". Actually with the way she'd talk it would be "Number 5..... Cedeno..... hits into aaaaa...... double play".

The sideline reporter has to know what they're talking about. Trenni seems to have a good understanding of the game and asks decent questions. I don't need a sideline reporter when I watch a game. As long as they stay out of the way and add a couple of nice nuggets of information from time to time, they're doing their job.

If they're terrible and/or annoying it doesn't matter how good looking they are, they're going to get under my skin.

Ha.. I was only jiving my story with what you guys are sayin about her about attractivness and what not..but it did seem like she was flirting with Hardy a lil maybe.. she was talkin to him for a long time.. rest was overboard.. but gime a break

After two comments from moderators, it would have seemed logical to drop the Hardy thing. We get the point. Let's move on.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

However, this does not extricate Bill Schroeder. He has a dry monotone boring voice. He always talks about going the "other way" almost endlessly. And most importantly, he bring nothing to the table at all. Just because he is not annoying does not make him "acceptable." How about that Prince interview he did? What an idiot...

I do like Brian Anderson though and I believe he is getting better every day.

Agreed. Along with "going the other way," he says "not trying to do to much with that pitch," a gazillion times. He loves his baseball cliche's, and his voice is boring. Brian I enjoy, though.

Please take a few minutes to listen to the wonderful analysis that comes out of Ron Santo's mouth. That will give you a better perspective on what Bill brings to the table.

I couldn't agree more. Last season when it was important for the Cubs to lose down the stretch I would listen to their games on WGN Radio and my God, he is the worst color commentator I have ever heard in ANY sport. Just awful, added nothing to the broadcast. And he works with Pat Hughes one of the best play-by-play baseball guys I have ever heard.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I grade the professionally trained people on a different curve than those that aren't professionally trained. I want the professionally trained to be devoid of bad habits. As an example, Schroeder interjects "I mean" frequently. Since he isn't professionally trained, I'll cut him slack on that.

I wouldn't cut the same slack when grading a Powell, Sutton, or Anderson. I think Ann Carroll is the only professionally trained person we've had recently that hasn't been good to excellent with the "professional stuff."

On the other hand, I want everyone to be able to be interesting. Brainerd would be the guy who was severely lacking that way. Schroeder is spotty. Coshun is generally OK, Nelson is good, and Kusnierek is excellent.

Also, I want everyone doing their homework. Schroeder drops the ball frequently, and Carroll was horrible. Powell, Vasgersian, Sutton, and Kusnierek demonstrate excellent preparation.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived