Brewer Fanatic

Who is this Trenni gal? Analyst overload?

I have been watching all the Brewer games on FSN thus far and am wondering who the new on-field reporter is. It seems like FSN is over-loaded with analysts and on-field reporters. Wasn't it Craig Coshun's job to interview players before and after games?

I haven't seen enough of her to form an opinion yet, but does anyone think she is better than Ann Carroll was last year? And what happened to Jeff Grayson? I am confused because it was never mentioned on jsonline.com or anywhere that I know of.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right Field Bleachers interviewed her a while back, which has a few answers.

You touched on the broadcast team briefly, Craig Coshun, Davey Nelson, Brian Anderson, Bill Schroeder. How do you think you'll fit in to that team?

I think it should be a very easy transition. This was a position that they had been trying to add for a while. For whatever reason, it just didn't pan out. It didn't work out. They didn't find someone who they thought could fill the position. I don't really know the back story on it. I think it'll be good. I think it will take a load of off Davey and Craig especially. I'm sure you know this from last season, Craig had it tough. You know, Craig would have to do all the interviews, all the pre-game stuff and then run over and be on set with Davey. And then post-game, quick get an interview and then run and go help Davey. And Davey would have to host things. And, you know, Davey is a coach, Davey is an analyst. Davey is not a host. So, I think this will make it easier, number one, and get a little more dimension into the broadcast.

And what will you add to the team?

That's a great question. I think I'll add a little different perspective, you know, more of a reporter's kind of perspective. And I'll have the ability, I think, because I'll be with the team a lot, to be a little more interactive with the players and give people a little better look at the players as not just people but what they're doing kind of on the field and how they get to where they are, how they get to be successful. I know one thing we really want to do is we want to focus on baseball Xs and Os. I'm not going to be running around interviewing mascots and fans in the stands, but instead we hope to really kind of show how the Brewers approach different teams and how they prepare for games and if they're not hitting well, what adjustments do they make? Why do they make them? How do they make them? I'm going to kind of be the liaison between the players and the audiences, asking the questions you probably want to know at home and then hopefully getting an answer.

She seems pretty good, so I'm happy with the addition.

Craig Coshun is going only apart of the studio portion of Brewers game telecasts along with Davey Nelson. The Brewers thought he was over used last year and he was trying to host the post game show while running around and it was forcing Nelson into doing lead commentary which quite frankly he wasn't very good at.

Jeff Grayson is doing studio work from Minnesota and will be handling all Brewers post game programming for away games with analyst Jeff Cirillo. This same duo is supposedly doing the same thing for Minnesota Twins broadcasts.

Trenni Kusnierek is a former sportscaster at CBS 58 in Milwaukee who left the station to be the on the field reporter for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Pittsburgh Penguins. She left the station in October of last year and was signed in December. I actually think while she is pretty dang nice to look at she also does one heck of a job. She is solid in interview situations and seems well prepared when Rock and Anderson call to her. Comparing her to Ann Carroll is a like comparing Brett Favre to Anthony Dilwig.

I think she got hired because Craig said something Sheets didn't like during an interview last year. Craig asked Sheets if he was turning into a finesse pitcher. Sheets gave him a pretty dirty look.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Trenni is doing a very good job. We should enjoy her work now before she moves to a larger market.

I completely agree. Her post-game interviews are really really good. She sounds very natural and full of baseball-knowledge. I would still rather have Ann Carroll though...

I actually think she has been doing a very good job. She is pretty well informed.

My only complaint is that I hate having to have a good-looking woman as a sideline reporter. It's so cliche. She is good. Jeff Cirillo would have been better.

I believe that Bill or Brian said that Jeff will be in the studio for tomorrow night's game. Last night, he was in the studio for the Bucks game.

Trenni was 'unveiled' in the offseason when she did some interviews at the Winter Warmup.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Trenni was 'unveiled' in the offseason when she did some interviews at the Winter Warmup.
Heh, heh...

Buuuuut seriously... No complaints whatsoever. I did find myself realizing that there are five people doing Brewers game coverage now (wasn't it just three before, with Brainerd?)... We must be coming up! (Or they're paying one of them out of the money they save by having a chimpanzee direct...)

Home Game Pre/Post Game Show: Craig Coshun and Davey Nelson

Game Announcers: Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder

Play Interviewer/In-Game Pieces: Trenni Kusnierek

Away Game FSN In-Studio Analyst/Hosts: Jeff Grayson and Jeff Cirillo

I like the total team, and I think Trenni is really good and also quite nice to look at.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

In the FSN Production Is Horrible thread, we found out from Trenni that we're watching the work of a substitute production team and that the regulars will be back after the NBA season ends. In the meantime, she is aware of the concerns expressed and is passing them along.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I used to be on the "Get rid of Bill" bandwagon, but I made a point to check out some of the other teams' TV crews during the Extra Innings preview and Bill blows most color guys out of the water, sadly. If I were I Pirates fan, I would never ever have the sound on the TV. Think BA and Bill are bad, listen to two innings of those guys.

I think Bill has actually improved a lot over the last couple years. Maybe the addition of BA has helped him.

I agree with you on Craig and Davey. Although, I have nothing against Davey, he tries his best.

I have been watching all the Brewer games on FSN thus far and am wondering who the new on-field reporter is. It seems like FSN is over-loaded with analysts and on-field reporters. Wasn't it Craig Coshun's job to interview players before and after games?

I haven't seen enough of her to form an opinion yet, but does anyone think she is better than Ann Carroll was last year? And what happened to Jeff Grayson? I am confused because it was never mentioned on jsonline.com or anywhere that I know of.

Three different responsibilities they have and had. Know your talking heads. And since you asked anybody is better than Carroll but unlike many people I do not go ga-ga over TK

bobskube wrote:

You know what...she is actually pretty good. I have been impressed.

Now we need to get rid of Schroeder, Coshun, and Davey Nelson and we should be fine.

-------------------

(You mean you want to dump 1/3 of our announcing 'team'?) lol

I used to be on the "Get rid of Bill" bandwagon, but I made a point to check out some of the other teams' TV crews during the Extra Innings preview and Bill blows most color guys out of the water

I admit it, I just go out of my way to agree with the 'I've watched Extra Innings, and Bill + BA is great, comparatively' comments. I love the Brewers' broadcast duo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I used to be on the "Get rid of Bill" bandwagon, but I made a point to check out some of the other teams' TV crews during the Extra Innings preview and Bill blows most color guys out of the water, sadly. If I were I Pirates fan, I would never ever have the sound on the TV. Think BA and Bill are bad, listen to two innings of those guys.
Did you watch spring training when the Colorado crew did half of the Brewers/Rockies game.

They were brutal. The color commentator was so annoying.

Archived