Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I understand the bench is one man short, but what's the point of Vargas batting when he probably won't even make it through the next inning?

I'm happy to say I was dead wrong. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Yet neither one were close to the warning track, and both were too far in the air to fall in for a hit. Still not excited.

Other than a HR, all a batter can do is hit a ball hard and hope he finds a hole. I've never been a huge fan of the guy but to bail on Hall after less than 200 AB isn't fair.

6 IP, 3 ER for Vargas.

I'm not intending to bash Sheets here, or even saying Vargas pitched a great game. I just find it a little funny that when Vargas puts up that line, he gets flack for running into problems, and people (myself included) call him out and say his days in the rotation are numbered.

Yet when our ace, Ben Sheets posts that exact same line, he gets praised for being our ace stopper and getting us back on on a winning track.

Quote:
I'm happy to say I was dead wrong.

I was too. I wasn't expecting Vargas to get through the inning. Shows how much I know about baseball. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Yet neither one were close to the warning track, and both were too far in the air to fall in for a hit. Still not excited.

He's in a slump. He slumped hard last year for a while, too (also during May) then he went .843, .904, .918, .928 (OPS) for the rest of the season.

Me liking Estrada has nothing to do with his OBP, obviously.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Hey, good job by our fans not getting out of the way for Cabera.

That's very quietly 5 straight quality starts for our rotation. Good to see after all the problems they've run into over the losing streak.

I love Braun, but I disagreed with him batting #3 from the first day he was there, and he's not changing my mind.

We're one swing by Prince Fielder from another very, very ugly performance by our lineup against a poor starter.

Quote:
Our 5-9 spots in the batting order are a combined 0-10. Very uninspiring.

Have no fear.

Tony Graffanino has entered the game. Alright Graffy, make me eat my words when you get your first at bat.

Archived