Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22

It is time to offer Prince that 10-year $100,000,000 contract. Actually, we would be ripping him off the way it looks with that deal

When did Wes get that curveball? I don't remember him having any success with a curveball in Milwaukee.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Actually, that was a pretty good pitch by Obie, I'm not surprised it was a called 3rd strike, except for the fact that Vargas wasn't getting those corner calls, so it does make me a little mad.

my buddy from work is behind home plate, a shade to the right, 4 rows up, and I just text messaged him. He said it was a ball..lol

I really like Estrada, but defensively he's not so hot with the basestealing.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Pretty early yet, but Vargas' PC is getting up there -- do you hit for him this inning, and go with Villanueva in the 6th? Or is it worth letting Vargas bat to have him pitch a maximum of 1 more inning?

96 or 97 pitches for Vargas, looks like Villy is going to get a couple of innings here.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Vargas at the bat here, now I'm hoping he doesn't give up 3 or 4 next inning because he's got nothing left in the tank.

I'm not ripping on Yost here, because it's definitely not a situation where a pinch hitter should clearly be used. So let's go Vargas!

I still remember the days in which I was excited when Bill Hall came to the plate. Those days seem so far away however.

He's hit two balls right on the screw today... what are you going to do.

And I understand the bench is one man short, but what's the point of Vargas batting when he probably won't even make it through the next inning?

Vargas is just getting going. Oh wait, he's thrown 96 pitches. It Wes that is just starting to get going. Oh wait, he has been going all game. Prince is just going to have to hit #20 if we stand a chance of winning this game.

I'm going to guess about 6 years, total.

That kinda depresses me. We wait for years to get him here and before we know it, he'll be in his prime playing for another team. It's situations like these that make me wish we were in a large market where we know we could retain a player if he's good and the organization likes him.

Archived