Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
I like a guy who flosses in the dugout. Shows he's comfortable out there. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Way to go, Tony.
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a way to find out how many pitchers have gotten hits against the crew, and how that compares to other teams? I just get the feeling that every pitcher gets their hits off the crew, or at least it's felt that way in the last week.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Community Moderator

Where did they get this guy again? Ann Carol and him would make quite a couple

The disturbing thing is that he mentioned it again later in the inning, so it wasn't just a slip of the tongue or an off-the-cuff remark ala Schroeder, it's something he actually thinks is a fact.

Not sure why I'm bringing this up right now....but I just can't figure out how Bill Hall went from being a 35 HR a year slugger at age 26....to a punch-and-judy the following year at age 27. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine he hit 35 "fluke" homeruns last year.

Maybe Hall is one of those "peeked early" players (aka Mench). That and now he is getting paid, as that can sometimes reduce certain players motivation. Personally, I think he needs corrective eyewear, as it looks like he is squinting awfully hard at the plate.

It takes 6 innings or less in AAA for Yo to reach 100 pitches, he's no Dillard with the pitch counts.

I just don't see him in the rotation yet, especially considering his innings are limited, or more likely the Brewers will have him on a max pitch limit. He could pitch 5-6 innings every game into September, but at this point I feel his high pitch counts are more of a concern than his innings.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Speaking of hitting high pitch counts early in games, Vargas has 60 after the 3rd inning.

Pretty good inning there to only give up 1 run with men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Let's get some runs!!!

I still don't understand why everyone hated Darron Sutton. Sure, you laughed at him, but you also enjoyed watching the game with one of your own true fans doing the play-by-play. He made it exciting. I miss that.

I thought about the strike out thing, but in 2004 Sheets still had very reasonable pitch counts in those games. I was looking around and didn't see a pitch by pitch breakdown available by at bat so it's tough to say, but my gut tells me he's wasting pitches and letting batters get too deep in the count.

- Plato

- Plato

I really didn't enjoy listening to Daron. He used too many superlatives and struggled with facts.

I am tired of watching Claudio walk the tightrope. He had two good starts and some lucky ones followed. But even when he wasn't giving up a lot of runs he was killing the bullpen because he couldn't get through the 6th. I would be for putting Carlos in that spot. If we bring up Yo maybe it should be in the bullpen to start in order to keep his inning total down. Although I don't know if the bullpen would be easier or harder on his arm.

We all know that Wes has trouble throwing strikes. So why are we swinging at the first pitch?

Archived