Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that reverse mojo there Jamie?

Let me try. Ober comes back against the Brew Crew to post a 9 inning shut out.

Vargas doesn't last 3 innings.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

[ If you strikeout....you don't get on base. Hitting .243. I don't know about you, but I expect way more from a leadoff hitter. Maybe I'm expecting too much??? ]

OBP is far more important to leading off than BA. Or are you do we need to beat this dead horse into the ground.

Just because a guy K's instead of grounding out doesn't mean he was going to get on bas instead of K'ing. Give me the guy with the .360 OBP leading off with every K being a strikeout than the guy batting .280 with the .300 OBP. You'll win more.

I know he's been struggling, but I hope we don't start seeing Weeks regularly out of the lineup. I know he's taken plenty of heat lately from a lot of us, but who really wants to see Counsell starting over Weeks at 2nd? Yeah, nobody. Plus Weeks, as much as we dog him about his inability with RISP, is a major talent.

There's nothing that says he needs to lead off. Try him further down in the lineup. Hart leading off is fine.

Another good start for the crew can we get a lead in the first for once guys. I don't like hearing Weeks might be on the shelf awhile, I agree he is not a leadoff hitter but now we have Counsell in the lineup who is useless.

I know he's been struggling, but I hope we don't start seeing Weeks regularly out of the lineup.

Adam, Yost said last weekend (as quoted either in the Journal Sentinal or the team site) that for the near future, Graffy and Council will combine for 3 starts per week at SS and 2b...2 at 2b, 1 at SS. It also should help Weeks deal with the lingering scar tissue in the wrist.

Phew. Sigh of relief there. Down 3-0 would have been a big deficit.

Plus we're facing Obermueller who will probably look like Cy Young tonight. The Brewers have a way of making mediocre pitchers look awesome - which we know all too well.

Community Moderator

Schroeder: "You can't blame the struggles the last couple of weeks on the pitching staff"

Uh, Bill, do you actually watch the games? Cappy, Bush and Vargas have largely sucked the last two-three weeks or so, and Suppan has been very mediocre. With four fifths of the rotation not doing well, how is it not the pitching staff's fault?

Man, at first I was bummed that we went down 1-0 with a 2 out clutch hit, I thought Vargas was going to get out of it. Then I saw Willingham get a hold of one, and I thought it was 3-0, so I don't feel so bad about a 1-0 deficit after the top of the inning anymore.

Doesn't really matter. 1 run is all that Obie needs.

Brewer bats -- please, please, PLEASE don't make me come back and edit the color on that after the game. I'll do it.

Quote:
Hart leading off is fine.

I vote for a Hart/Gwynn lead off platoon.

Agreed, we need Rickie back (and back to normal). But I admire Craig's BB/K ratio. He has a good eye. And a sure glove.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

JJ Hardy I love thee.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
Graffy and Council will combine for 3 starts per week at SS and 2b...2 at 2b, 1 at SS.

plus 1 or 2 for Braun I would assume, that's 4-5 days.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

great start for the crew, hope they score about 9 tonight

Community Moderator

Anderson: "Obermueller was the Brewers' opening day starter back in 2004."

Uh, Brian, I'm about 1bajillion percent sure that's not true.

I know the announce team doesn't have the luxury of turning off the crappy games of the last couple of weeks, but that's no excuse to start happy hour in the 1st inning.

I still don't like Braun batting 3rd. I just don't. Having a rookie with less than a week of MLB experience, no matter how hyped he is, batting in your "best hitter" spot where a lot of clutch hitting will be necessary, just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I liked Hardy and Prince batting back to back much better.

Quote:
Anderson: "Obermueller was the Brewers' opening day starter back in 2004."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif Where did they get this guy again? Ann Carol and him would make quite a couple

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived