Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously...how pathetic would this offense be without JJ hitting like he is?

I wish Bill Hall would sit down and take a serious look at how JJ approaches an at-bat...but now that Billy got his big money, I dont think he's so eager to do that.

Why do you pitch to Hardy there with 1st base open and the pitcher's spot on deck. That way you ensure Carlos is out of the game (had Hardy made out, I'm sure Carlos pitches the 9th) and you likely get a weaker hitter than Hardy.

Hart bunting in that spot isn't a terrible idea, if he steals 2nd in the first two pitches (something he's capable of). Having said that, I like the double better.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Corey Hart = New Leadoff hitter. I hope it sticks. What is Ned doing? He must have just woken up, thank God just in time.

It was all strategic, he fully intended on Cordero starting the inning the entire time.

I should have said if the game stays tied and the pitcher's spot doesn't come up Carlos stays in.

Letting Hardy hit with first base open in a game situation is as serious of a managerial error as I've seen all year.

As far as the "where would they be without JJ and Prince" question, if a frog had wings, it wouldn't hit his butt on the ground every time.

Now let's see if the Pirates can go ahead and blow their game against the Padres so we can get back up to a comfortable 6.5 game lead. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived