Brewer Fanatic

5/31/07 Marlins (Obermueller) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am waiting for Bill and Brian to say something like "Well, it's unlikely that the pitcher comes through with a grand slam here," and then chuckle slightly.

Guys, come on. At least play along and be somewhat

superstitious.

You know the day is coming when they say, "7 innings of NO HIT BALL for Sheets! Wow!"

I don't know why Villy wouldn't be our next option for the rotation. He was good last year, has been good in the pen, he's earned a chance.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Vee-ya has been just flat out awesome all year for us out of the pen. I really knew this kid was great when I witnessed firsthand that gutsy performance against the Cubs in April at Wrigley when he ate up 3-4 innings throwing scoreless ball in key innings.

I don't know why Villy wouldn't be our next option for the rotation. He was good last year, has been good in the pen, he's earned a chance.

With Turnbow becoming more and more untrustworthy in the pen, I think its more likely that Villy will fill perhaps and 8th-inning set-up role. He's become a key member of the pen, and with other options there for the rotation (Gallardo) it would be silly to mess with that now.

Guys, come on. At least play along and be somewhat

superstitious.

They really have nothing better to say, so they start trying to predict the future.

Counsell showing his power there on the first pitch. Now Graffy gets a chance. Sheesh, I was hoping the days of Counselino batting together were over.

Except that who cares if Yo throws 45 pitches to go 2 scoreless innings in relief. If he's starting, that's an avalanche of pitches early in the game.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Do you think people might actually come to the realization that this team is in trouble

What does that mean? The Brewers are a slightly above average team with a good starting lineup. The fact that they scored 3 runs in 6 IP against Obby is not surprising at all.

After a slow start to the year, Villy's been outstanding. I can't wait to get him in the rotation.

Indeed, after he walked the bases loaded in his first outing, he has been lights out.

Brian Anderson: "Way to get it going with a one out double." Him and Ned should enroll in Paying Attention 101 - It's Your Job.

Archived