Brewer Fanatic

Yost on Rome tomorrow (4-8) 1250 AM in Milwaukee, 11-2 CST

patrickgpe

A bit of a mess but...

Ned says : it's important to get out quick and they expected it more this year, they're playing more confident baseball this year. Last year's September games really are helping the team this year. Made some great additions in Kendall, Cameron, Kapler. Players understand that they're a better team and they "know in their hearts" they can win the division now. Rome asks about the defense problems. Yost felt like the SPs were trying to get 4 or 5 outs last year and it wore down the bullpen last year. Uses "battle" to describe the team coming back in September but ignores the defense issue. Says he's never seen any player as young as Prince with as much presence. Says Prince isn't satisfied with HRs...wants RBIs and a Gold Glove as well. Says that Prince is the leader of the clubhouse and that he leaves nothing on the field, that he thinks it's a blessing to be a big-leaguer. Thinks he made a pact with himeself (Prince) to give everything he had. Rome asks about contractual status and the effect it has on the team--Prince was mad for "ten minutes," Ned says they have time to work on the contract "Doug thinks he's as special as I do." Rome asks about Sheets being healhty--Ned says it's big, they struggle without him because the rest of the pitchers have a comfort zome with ben there. Yo's coming back and they'll have three young guys there--they need guys they can look up to like Bush, Suppan and Sheets. Of all the moves so far, Kendall has been tremendous, settles down the pitching staff. He's a Qb on the field for the team. Focus is on the pitcher, not his own offense. Kendall gives his advice on opposing players in coaching meetings. Rome asks about Gagne and Ned'as confidence in him--Ned says he has his confidence, he's keeping the ball down and his speed is still 94, 95. Ned thinks his role in Boston hurt Gagne. "When I get out of my routine, I get uncomfortable." Blames Gagne's Chicago meltdown on the weather.

olliegjw wrote:

Is it just me, or did he make it sound like Bush was the odd man out of the rotation when Yo comes back?

You beat me to it olliegjw. That is exactly how it sounded. He said for those not listening that when Yovanni Gallardo comes back, we will have 3 inexperienced pitchers in the starting rotation. Maybe he didn't mean to say that, but it certainly seems he tipped his hand.

Of all the moves so far, Kendall has been tremendous, settles down the pitching staff. He's a Qb on the field for the team. Focus is on the pitcher, not his own offense. Kendall gives his advice on opposing players in coaching meetings.

Huh, I didn't hear the interview, but is that a dig at a former Brewer?

Of all the moves so far, Kendall has been tremendous, settles down the pitching staff. He's a Qb on the field for the team. Focus is on the pitcher, not his own offense. Kendall gives his advice on opposing players in coaching meetings.

Huh, I didn't hear the interview, but is that a dig at a former Brewer?

In all his time here, I don't think Chad Moeller should be accused of something like that.

Focus is on the pitcher, not his own offense. Kendall gives his advice on opposing players in coaching meetings.

Glad SCY04 posted on this. I basically read this as, 'Good riddance, Johnny.' And I can't say I disagree.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived