Brewer Fanatic

how important is the SGA box?

pepsimax23

i was just looking at some ebay auctions that have closed and found this amazing descrepency! between the two, one was sold for $50 more than the other. the major difference was that one had the SGA box, one didnt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-Brewers-2003-Paul-Molitor-Bobblehead_W0QQitemZ170206997849QQihZ007QQcategoryZ83062QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-Brewers-Paul-Molitor-Bobblehead_W0QQitemZ120241414834QQihZ002QQcategoryZ83062QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i understand that theres so much more that factors into how much money a person is going to be able to get for an item. (i'm often an ebay seller) for any proposed trades - if anyone is interested in any 2008 az dbacks, email me. maxsiker at gmail

Even for not having a box, that Molitor sold at an exceptionally low price. I recently sold an extra Jenkins without the box and got $27 for it. Sometimes, sellers are just unlucky and there isn't any interest.

On the other hand, I also think that $58 for a regular Molitor is really high. I bought one last summer for $20.

I collect all the bobbleheads, and personally, I don't care about NIB. If it's without a box and in good condition, I'll take it. I would probably even buy one without the box over one that had it if it meant saving money. Some people care, some people don't.

I couldn't care less for the box. I only keep them in case I trade them and the other person does want the box. I agree with Rickiejr, if the bobble is in good condition - thats all I care about.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived