Brewer Fanatic

4/7/08 Non-Brewers IGT

dlk9s

Games of note:

Phillies (Hamels) at Reds (Arroyo)

Cubs (Lilly) at Pirates (Gorzelanny)

Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Astros (W. Rodriguez)

At the time of this posting, the Phillies are up on the Reds 5-2 in the 5th, and the Cub/Pirates are scoreless in the 1st.

And...GEOFF JENKINS WITH A HOMER!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pirates looking like.... well, the Pirates. 7-0 Cubs and they're still batting in the Top of the 3rd.

I'm not sure what the Pirates are looking like as the video on the WGN broadcast has been out for awhile. Not a good day for their production crew as they started the broadcast playing the radio audio so they were playing Pat Hughes giving the lineups while showing Kasper and Brenly.

For those of you with Extra Innings, are you in the Milwaukee area? I looked into getting it but was under the impression that Cubs games would be blacked out (somehow Milwaukee is in their home area).

8-5 now...though the Bucs have a couple on...

Pirates have them juiced with no outs in the 6th trailing 8-5.

Edit: a 4 pitch walk makes it 8-6. Sanchez is up. I'm guessing Pignatiello is done. Yup in comes Howry

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

And the moral of this game -

if the Cubs' starter doesn't get it to the 7th inning so Marmol and Wood can finish it off, their bullpen is pretty much bad! I feel for Cub fans when both Marmol and Wood hit the DL because Lou didn't have faith in anyone else to finish games off.

Oh, and their #2 starter hasn't pitched like a #2 starter.

And the moral of this game -

if the Cubs' starter doesn't get it to the 7th inning so Marmol and Wood can finish it off, their bullpen is pretty much bad! I feel for Cub fans when both Marmol and Wood hit the DL because Lou didn't have faith in anyone else to finish games off.

Oh, and their #2 starter hasn't pitched like a #2 starter.

In my opinion, that what happens when you make a guy like Ted Lilly your #2 starter. I just don't view anyone in that rotation to be anything more than a #4 starter (not including Zambrano of course). Rich Hill could be solid, but Dempster, Lilly and Marquis just aren't that good. Since Lilly and Marquis were way better than career norms last year....let's hope they regress to way worse than norms this year....

Is it at all sad that it's the 7th game of the season, and we're already cheering hardcore for the Cubs, Reds and Cards to lose? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nope. I mean, we're not going to root for them to win, are we?

Is it at all sad that it's the 7th game of the season, and we're already cheering hardcore for the Cubs, Reds and Cards to lose? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nope. I mean, we're not going to root for them to win, are we?

Very true...but it is only the second week of April and I'm glued to the game as if the season hinges on it.

Archived