Brewer Fanatic

Does Any One Remember this game?

When Ben Sheets flirted with the no-no and Vlad broke it up on a curveball in the dirt. The game lasted 17 innings and the Crew won 1-0 against the Angels in 2004. Ben's line was 9.0 innings 1 hit 0 runs 0 BBs 5 K's and most important of all. NO RUN support. It is about time Ben is getting his due and getting some run support in his starts. I believe in 2004 when bens era was 2.41 he had 6 games where the Brewers were shutout and 7 games where they scored 1 run. This is Big Bens Cy Young season and he is going to show the league he is still the ace that led the USA to gold in the 2000 olympics.

That game was just as ridiculous as the IGT, which was pretty ridiculous. I watched the whole game, stopped caring about who won around the 14th inning.

The pitch Vlad hit to break up the no hitter was about 2 inches off the dirt. I remember being pretty peeved at that.

That game was just as ridiculous as the IGT, which was pretty ridiculous. I watched the whole game, stopped caring about who won around the 14th inning.

The pitch Vlad hit to break up the no hitter was about 2 inches off the dirt. I remember being pretty peeved at that.

It was probably for the best that Vlad had that one hit. Could you imagine how depressing it would have been if Sheets had

thrown a 9-inning perfect game and yet got a no-decision?

I remember that game. I was a junior in high school. I don't remember if I still had school but if I did I wasn't using the time that night to study for finals.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Edit: I just remembered I had a chemistry final the following morning. That was pretty brutal.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I remember listening to the end of that game on TMJ while in bed.

that game thread is a fun read. the most frightening post...

new lineup for tomorrow to jumpstart the team:

Pods- Cf

Counsell-ss

Hall-2b

Liefer-rf

Kiesch (assuming he hurries back)-dh

Overbay- 1b

Clark-lf

Durrington-3b

Bennett/Moeller--C

how very very far this franchise has come. The Brewers are better at literally every single position in only 3 years. I think its good to take a step back once and awhile reflect on the job melvin and zduriencik have done.

Pods- Cf

Counsell-ss

Hall-2b

Liefer-rf

Kiesch (assuming he hurries back)-dh

Overbay- 1b

Clark-lf

Durrington-3b

Bennett/Moeller--C

how very very far this franchise has come. The Brewers are better at literally every single position in only 3 years. I think its good to take a step back once and awhile reflect on the job melvin and zduriencik have done.

Let's see.

Gwynn/Cameron/Kapler>Podsednik

Hardy>Counsell

Weeks>Hall

Hart>Liefer

Gross/Gwynn/Dillon/Kapler>Kieschnick

Fielder>Overbay

Braun>Clark

Hall>Durrington

Kendall/Rivera>Moeller/Bennett

Wow that really is amazing.

Well, he received run support in 1 of his 2 games this year, but, since there is a bit more talent now I'm guessing he'll get better support in more than 50% of his starts.

Archived