Brewer Fanatic

6/1/07 Marlins (Olsen) @ Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mench and Graffanino both with huge 2-out hits in this game! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
I think the only way we win is to get something out of the bottom of the lineup. We have gotten no production at all from them the last three weeks. This could be a confidence booster game.

Sometimes I make a good point. It is about time and fun to see it. Maybe this will lead to some more consistency.

Quote:
I've been quiet about the issue, but when does "small sample size" no longer apply to Hall as a centerfielder? It's almost 60 games now, and dumb stuff keeps costing the team runs, some of which could be costly. I was in favor of the experiment for a long time; now I'm not so sure!

After watching Weeks (2B) and Hall (SS) transform into decent defenders after it looked hopeless, I'm willing to give Melvin the benefit of the doubt.

It is easy to post this after-the-fact. Miller was struggling. I felt at the time that it was a good decision to keep him out there. If they would have brought in a different right-handed reliever then I would have pinch-hit. Miller just didn't have good command.

Quote:
You're assuming that the run absolutely would have scored, when in actuality there would only have been a 25-30% chance of it.

If it was a sure thing, then I might agree with you. But with our bullpen so shaky lately, getting everything possible out of a cruising Suppan isn't a bad decision.

How is there only a 25-30% chance of the run scoring with a pinch-hitter? That's about the likelihood that the pinch-hitter would have came up with a hit. A fly ball scores a run, as does a slowly hit ground ball, a successful squeeze, etc. A lot more options with 1 out, I'd say closer to at least 50% that he gets the run in.

Quote:
Bases loaded and 2 out against a righty... why isn't Jenkins pinch hitting for Mench? I'd rather Gross vs. a lefty than Mench vs. a righty ANY day.

SIGH.

Eh...the Marlins would have just countered with a LOOGY anyway.

interesting now...up 4 (or more, if we score), do you bring in Capellan to finish it, Cordero (he got the save last night), or what?

I would think it could be an opportunity for Capellan.

Archived