Brewer Fanatic

4/8/08 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I guess I kind of understand the reasoning behind playing the Bucks game. Before the season starts you just can't expect the Bucks to be awful and be completely out of contention (I guess people could argue differently). So what happens if they just played teh Brewers games and the Bucks were playing for a high seed in the playoffs? There would be a lot of pissed off Bucks fans (Probably around 10-15). Just think if the Bucks early season overlapped with the Brewers end of season. How pissed would we be if they decided to play the Bucks game rather than a Brewers game? I am not going to get to worked up about it. Not a whole lot we can do with all the contracts and such. I have to bowl tonight so I guess it isn't that big of a deal to me. Friday that will be a different story.

I really hope I come back tonight and see a solid Brewers victory. Cueto is awesome but he is a rookie, is pitching on the road for the first time, with his first step expectations are probably to high now, and he is facing a very good Brewers offense. This will be one tough game but the days are gone where I think the Brewers are incapable of beating tough pitching

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i was just teasing him. I've been to movies alone (sometimes better that way), so I can't say anything about going to a brewers game. Driving from appleton alone? wow, thats hard core. I live there (darboy) and cant imagine doing that, good luck.

Cuteo looked pretty nasty in his first start. Watching the highlights, he was hitting his spots perfectly. On all his strikeouts it looked like the catcher didn't even move his glove. I remember being impressed. Lets just hope that his youth will cause him to be up and down.

As for going to games by yourself, I've done it and it was fun. I grabbed an outfield seat, sat by myself and enjoyed the game. Spent a few innings walking around and watching the game from the walkway and things like that. I think you will enjoy it.

because i meet with clients on weekends sometimes, I often take wednesday or thursday afternoons off when the crew is playing in milwaukee. A lot of the time I end up going by myself because everyone is working. Anyone who thinks that is lame is way too concerned about what other people think. Personally, I like the mix of my 20 game weekend pack where me and my 3 friends can have some "pregame fun" and then also getting to quietly enjoy an afternoon game when I would otherwise be working. Plus I like listening to 620 as I watch the game by myself, which is something I don't do when I'm there with my friends.

I wish i was going tonight because I'd like to see this new guy try and handle the Crew's firepower. Hopefully we don't turn this into a K-Fest.

The pitching match ups for this series really suck.

I will be very happy if we take 2 of 3 but I won't be dissappointed if we take 1. We should be favored to win the Wednesday game then it is just a matter of stealing todays game or knocking off Harang on Thursday. Reds really are lucky in avoiding Sheets and Parra.

I have a decision to make. I have tickets to the Celtics/Bucks game tonight but now reading the the might not even play their big 3 I don't know if I want too go. I wanted to see KG and Ray. I don't really want to see the Bucks tank against Boston's backups. I could stay home and watch the Brewers. I didn't pay for the tickets and they're not that great of seats either. I have to do some work in a little bit too. I don't know, I don't like the idea of buying tickets and not showing up either.

Whatever I decide I'll probably regret it because that's my luck.

Fixed it for you.

You made me one of these? Thanks!

http://www.bocaburger.com/product_meatless/images/2_3.gif

Yummers!

Are males even legally allowed to eat those? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Speaking of Appleton, I seen someone with a Brewerfan.net license plate cover when I was driving towards Oshkosh on 41 Monday morning. Anybody here going to claim that?

I have a Brewerfan.net license plate cover and live in Oshkosh, but unfortunately I was in surgery yesterday morning so it wasn't me. Unless someone was driving my car, in which case my roommate is dead.

Put me on board with those pissed off that FSN is showing the Bucks tonight. Guess I'll just play The Show and listen to the radio.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I've gone to games alone. I actually enjoy it. I go to 3-4 games a year with the entire intent of being alone.

I pack a sandwich and some chips, grab a soda, my walkman, and my score book then head out. I buy a cheap seat and just relax. It's very calming for me actually. Give it a whirl, and if you don't wanna sit alone, come over to Sec.421, row 11 or in that area. I usually have on a grey Weathers jersey. I'm there tonight.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Whenever I hear Cueto's name I think of Quato from Total Recall.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/quato-85580.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived