Brewer Fanatic

4/8/08 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

I always see the guy wearing the Brewers jersey with the number 94 and the name "The Maniac" walking around by himself. Pretty sure that guy goes alone.

Its stories like this that make me not want to go by myself. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone ever gone to a game by themselves? I really want to see this game and watch Cueto pitch, but I can't convinve any of my friends to go..... lameos.

I've gone a couple times by myself for various different reasons, and it is a different experience, as you really have nothing else to do (no conversation or jokes unless you are comfortable with strangers) than to focus solely on the game. It's also a bit odd when something good happens and you want to stand up and cheer...but then you're by yourself.

You can get a pretty nice seat though, looking for just one.

I haven't since high school, but I've gone to a couple weekday day games by myself. As brwrsfan said, you can get a really good seat when you're just buying a single ticket, though it was 2003 last time I tried. And yes, you do focus on the game more, what else are you really going to do? It's different without anyone else, but it's a baseball game so it's hard not to enjoy it.

I think the last time I went alone Wayne Franklin two-hit the Padres and Geoff Jenkins hit 3 home runs. I sat 1st row just past 3rd base.

Because I do a lot of solo travel for my job, I attend a fair amount of baseball games by myself. Grab a scorecard and a beer and don't be afraid to chit-chat with those around you. It's not as fun as sharing the game with people you know, but definitely better than sitting at home and watching on TV.

As an aside, if you are solo and watching a road game be courteous. I was in Denver watching the Brewers sweep the Rockies (in 2004 I think) and I got a little loud in front of some demoralized Rockies fans and they just about threw me out.

yeah don't let the maniac phase you. I have gone i think maybe twice by myself because of friends skipping out or single seats available only. Its really OK if you are a hardcore baseball fan, but if you are not it can make for a long afternoon or evening only because you really have noone you know to talk to unless you are very outgoing. Freeway goes by himself all the time. you got your crazies.

We sat near the Maniac at a Tomo Ohka start a few years back. Before the game, Maniac was shouting something in Japanese to Ohka.

Just don't do stuff like that, and you won't be perceived as odd.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just out of curiosity, is this game going to be blacked out in Madison even though we don't get WMLW and the bucks are on?

It does not bother me because I have a Canadian IP address right here in Madison so it will not get blacked out at my apartment. The Blue Jays however will be blacked out. My roommate is from Minnesota and he bought mlb.tv for one month before he goes back home after exams. The twins don't play on tuesday, so he said i could use his mlb.tv. Hopefully I still will have that Canadian IP address come gametime.

I've gone alone a couple times. I usually brought a scorecard so I had something to focus my attention on. It's not too hard to strike up a conversation with people sitting beside you, but I was usually content to just mark my scorecard. These are the games where I'll keep track of pitch counts and all that dorky stuff.

I once heard one of my student employees tell me "Liz, you're cool because you go to baseball games alone." Take that for what it's worth.

Has anyone ever gone to a game by themselves? I really want to see this game and watch Cueto pitch, but I can't convinve any of my friends to go..... lameos.

Sure have... a bunch of times last year. Bored at home, so decided to go to the game. People are pretty friendly so you can easily strike up a conversation with someone.

Be patient, take some pitches, and get Cueto's pitch count up.

A key indicator will be whether he gets to 17 pitches the first inning. 17 per inning, and he'll be over 100 by the 6th ... and then we can go to work on the bullpen.

I have a theory that people think that rookies beat up on the Brewers because they have unrealistic expectations against them. I'd love someone to do the dirty work and prove me wrong. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My MLB Extra Innings free trial was still going today, so I'll cross my fingers and hope they forget to turn it off tomorrow.

I went to a game by myself once. I was in Atlanta just after college graduation, scoping out places to live before I moved down here. I decided to take in a Braves game, and while I was in line at the ticket window, someone asked if anyone needed tickets. Turned out, one of this guy's friends couldn't make it, so he just gave me the ticket for free and I ended up having a nice time with him and his friends. I think one of them turned out to be from Milwaukee.

I've gone to a few games by myself, usually afternoon games when everyone else has to work. I might actually do that on Thursday. (I'm not unemployed, but I work retail and have a lot of weekdays off). It's actually not all that bad, especially for home games. I spend a lot of time reading the media guide or program and just talk to anyone around me if they are in the mood. I am fairly outgoing so it's not hard for me, but I would think almost anyone who posts on BF knows enough to hold a baseball conversation during a game.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Anyone with DirectTV know what channel WMLW is?
It's on Channel 41 in the Milwaukee market.

Those of us outside Milwaukee get screwed, as the game is on WMLW because FSN is showing the stupid Bucks. This also happens Friday night and next Wednesday night.
It's not showing in the online program guide, and I'm not at home to check, but I'm wondering if this game will end up on one of the DirecTV alternate channels in the 650s. That happened a few times last summer.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I used to go to games alone all the time. It was very relaxing. I loved it. In fact I wish that I still went to more games by myself. But I bought two 9 Packs instead of one. It's a pain trying to find someone to take your extra ticket when the girlfriend backs out at the last minute. Look for some possible free ticket giveaways from me this year.

I love going to games alone. When I go to the game, I basically sit in my seat and absorb everything on the field while the game is going on. Then I'll talk to people between innings and between outs I guess. I've become fairly outgoing and when you're amongst Brewer fans a new friend is never too far away!

This is must-win to keep our edge in the Central!

Archived