Brewer Fanatic

FSN Production Is Horrible

MickeyDavis
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside, has there been any more word on when Charter is supposedly going to add the HD feed?

I to am a Charter customer and also wondering when the HD feed will be available. I'm going to be getting an HD TV soon and I want to see the Brewer games as such.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Charter to fix you guys up with HD. If they ever get a deal done with BTN before August , I'd almost bet that the HD bandwidth is allocated there rather than FSN, and to wider-appeal channels before any sports channels. Charter has taken a beating in the sports niche, and I'm doubtful they sink any more resources into it than they have to.

FSN production has certainly improved greatly in recent weeks.

I believe the wind picked up later in the game and that is why the CF camera was shaking so bad. Those fans that were at Fenway, can you verify this?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Community Moderator
Does the crowd noise REALLY need to be this high? I mean, one game vs Boston was bad enough, but not being able to hear the announcers for two games in a row (and in different cities no less) is just absurd.

peavey, that's what they do on the Arizona broadcasts, too; especially on home games. It's kind of annoying when they do it every time a ball is hit--even foul balls into the crowd. I guess the producers want us to know that there are, in fact, fans in the stands.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I hate when they show flashback highlights, because there's a 50/50 chance they're going to miss the current play. It happened today where when they came back, it showed the Pirates SS throwing out Hardy on a grounder.

Does the crowd noise REALLY need to be this high? I mean, one game vs Boston was bad enough, but not being able to hear the announcers for two games in a row (and in different cities no less) is just absurd.

I've not noticed this being a problem. Are you sure it is not the settings on your TV? Our TV has a fake "surround sound" setting, a few time that has been on and it makes the background crowd noise really excessive just like you described.

I had some audio problems as well... There was just crowd noise coming out of my left speaker and crowd plus Bill and Brian coming out of my right speaker. All I needed to do was change the balance from in the middle to just the right and it sounded normal. Simple solution on my end but why FSN can't fix it on their end is beyond me.

The thing about this all is that it isn't just on FSN. When the game was on Fox this weekend there were problems from them as well. I remember specifically when they were interviewing the BoSox pitching coach, an interview that they did during the commercial break so they could have just gone to audio, and they missed an entire AB (I believe it was Rickie).

I can't figure out where else to put this. Anyone in the Fox Valley know if tonight's game will be on FSN for Time Warner Cable? It's not on the guide right now, but there have been times before where they showed the WMLW games anyway. Thanks in advance.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I didnt back read entirely, but have people noticed that in the middle of innings they will go to a commercial and then after like one commerical come back to the game? I think it is with WMLW broadcasts on FSN. I remember missing a Braun HR recently due to this.

Why does this happen?

Archived