Brewer Fanatic

FSN Production Is Horrible

MickeyDavis
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt for the first part of the season but i'm really getting fed up with missing plays. I can take the fan watching and most of the other stuff but missing close plays is just intorable. It's just getting really frustrating.

Twobrew,

I caught it, and since I have a DVR, I was able to wake my napping wife up and show her what I thought I had just seen. Technology is really great at times. But for the horrible camera work, I am at a loss for words.......

I wouldn't mind all the odd shots around the park, except that it feels like they do it between every pitch, and sometimes during. If someone isn't at the park, they don't really need to see a close up of the "Watch for flying bats and ball" warning sign.

I've grown so annoyed with their production that even Brian Anderson is starting to grate on me, with his constant repeating of what happened earlier or yesterday.

You wouldn't need to fire all those people. Just put me in charge, I know I'd do it for less than what they would demand. I would also stop wasting cameras trying to get close ups of the crowd. I think the close ups of players and the bench are cool, but I could care less about an old dude eating a hot dog.

I saw that and wondered if that guy was special or something. They went to him about 5-10 times.

The in game production on Brewer games is absolutely horrible. Missed plays, bad camera angles, I thought it was bad last year but this year is even worse. I have made a point during the first week of the season to watch as many innings from as many different games as I can, focusing on how other broadcasts differ from ours and it's night and day.

I don't know if FSN uses the same director and producer every game but whoever it is needs to switch to something like tennis because he has no clue how to do a baseball telecast.

NO KIDDING It's like watching a high school broadcast. Just yesterday the cameras spent half the game watching the players and coaches in the dugout. They'd flash to the hitter for a second just as the ball was crossing the plate. I was screaming "there is a friggin baseball game going on, how about showing it!" my son started cracking up cause I lost it. And you are right. I used to laugh at last years broad casts but now I'm wishing they were that good.

I emailed fox sports Wisconsin and complained. We shouldn't have to watch a playoff caliber team like this.

I emailed fox sports Wisconsin and complained.

I was looking for a way to do that yesterday and could not find email link on their web page, so I emailed the booth from carsoup.com. Amazingly, they did not choose my question ("why is your director incompetent") to read on the air http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

It was kind of funny, Bob and Brian were talking to Drew Olson yesterday and mentioned how bad the production has been, lol.

The most annoying thing has been missing entire pitches or watching a guy run out of the box and then seeing the ball rolling in the gap or something.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

This might have already been posted, but I got a nice response from FSN Wi to my complaint email.

They said they are going through a transition. They apologized. A new director is taking over the 2nd week of May and to expect immediate improvements at that time.

Yay, only two more weeks of this crap! I'm really going to miss them showing some drunken idiot swearing because someone spilled a beer on his pants instead of seeing the actual game.

I actually thought that was pretty funny, in an "oops, didn't know that guy was going to swear" kind of way.

I would like to be able to see the pitcher taking the signs to see if they are shaking off Kendall or not.

After Sheets made those comments a couple weeks ago, I'm interested to see how much the other pitchers shake him off.

I actually thought that was pretty funny, in an "oops, didn't know that guy was going to swear" kind of way.

I agree it was kind of funny and I laughed too. I remember earlier this season on ESPN the home plate umpire had a mic on for the game, and he got hit with a foul tip or something. The announcers go "let's listen to what his reaction was" or something to that effect, and shockingly it was an f-bomb. Stuff like that's funny, but I'd rather not miss a play because of it.

I think I would rather deal with FSN than listen to ESPN's announcers act like they care about the Brewers. They'll find some way to talk about the Red Sox for 3 hours.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I think I would rather deal with FSN than listen to ESPN's announcers act like they care about the Brewers. They'll find some way to talk about the Red Sox for 3 hours.

I wish this was true for me, but Bill and Brian are so painful to listen to. I have been muting and tuning into TMJ. The sync has been spot on lately.

I think I would rather deal with FSN than listen to ESPN's announcers act like they care about the Brewers.

Or that they know anything about them! Totally agree with trav here. Puts my distaste for the 4-letter network in perspective... never thought I disliked it that much. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I love Bill and Brian, which is why I would rather suffer through the horrible production than listen to the crap that ESPN will put out there. The only TV (note the distinction) announcer I would rather listen to is Vasgersian, and BA is fast-approaching that status in my mind. Bill is very entertaining, which is what he's there for.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived