Brewer Fanatic

FSN Production Is Horrible

MickeyDavis
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers19 - I love the avatar. Priceless. Count me in the group that thinks Trenni is foxy and even more foxy because she actually knows what she is talking about when it comes to baseball. Ann Carroll was horrible and thankfully she was not only replaced, but replaced with someone who knows what they are doing and can actually form coherent sentences.

Still no response from FSN, but I guess the question is answered, so we'll just have to wait a month.

Bucks season is over next week (thank God) so maybe we can get the regular guy back soon. Or maybe he gets a couple of weeks vacation before switching to baseball. I hope not.

Speaking as a non-boy (and therefore non-fanboy type), I would like to see Trenni introduced to brewerfan.net...as long as you fellas can keep a lid on your crushes.

Give us a little credit. We're only animals when we're eating. We're totally cool and polite with everything else.

3000th post everyone!!!!!

As for the complaining about the broadcasts, the Reds broadcast this evening started off just as smoothly. The line drive foul off the bat of Weeks had horrible camera work and a bad switch by their director, too. I guess I can live with the poor directing since it's better than not seeing the game at all.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It sure is a good thing I'm not a deaf person because if it wasn't for Brian Anderson telling me Rickie hit a walk off in real time, I wouldn't have known otherwise since the monkey at FSN controlling the different camera shots didn't switch over in time.

Ann Carroll was horrible and thankfully she was not only replaced, but replaced with someone who knows what they are doing and can actually form coherent sentences.

What about Jeff Grayson? Did Trenni have both of them whacked? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It sure is a good thing I'm not a deaf person because if it wasn't for Brian Anderson telling me Rickie hit a walk off in real time, I wouldn't have known otherwise since the monkey at FSN controlling the different camera shots didn't switch over in time.

Exactly. Even on routine ground balls most of the time the director is late switching to the right camera. It's horrible.

It's just kind of lame that the normal director is being wasted on a horrific team like the Milwaukee Bucks.

She said "finishes his NBA duties." There is a chance he works for a differnt team than the Bucks.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

It's just kind of lame that the normal director is being wasted on a horrific team like the Milwaukee Bucks.

She said "finishes his NBA duties." There is a chance he works for a differnt team than the Bucks.

Yeah he could be working for the Timberwolves! Amazing happens there too!

It's just kind of lame that the normal director is being wasted on a horrific league like the NBA.

When you direct basketball you only switch cameras when play is stopped. In baseball it's all done on the fly. Basketball is much easier to direct so why didn't the regular guy switch to the Brewers last week and the replacement guy do the Bucks? No one is even watching them...

In trying to find out if that is the case, I discovered that we are apparently getting a new director, so maybe the situation is he was already under contract for basketball.

http://sportstvinsideout.blogspot.com/2007/11/grass-is-always-greener-except-when-its.html

Mitch Riggin, who spent the past few years directing Milwaukee Brewers games for FSN North - WI, is trading beer & brats for Cactus Cooler & Coppertone. FSN Arizona has hired the former TD to direct Arizona Diamondbacks games for the 2008 season.

• 2 weeks later...

i heard the guy with the f-bomb too! i couldnt believe that 1) they show those shots live 2) they woudl play audio live!

early last year they caught me leaving the concession stand with a hotdog. they reshowed it all season long - I had people coming up to me months later asking me how the game was last night. point is - dont show the drunk guy at the concession stand live!

Y'know, I like Jeff Cirillo and all...but watching last night, I kept thinking how about dumping him, Trenni, Davey Nelson, and Coshun and use the money to hire someone who can actually direct a baseball game. I can not recall ever before watching baseball broadcasts and seeing (or not seeing) plays being missed or nearly missed so frequently. Fox should stop wasting money on fluff and spend it on the actual production of the game itself.

Last night was horrible. It was if an 8 year old was directing.

I don't see how anyone could do much worse. It would be better if they just stayed on the one camera angle shooting pitches. How can a director go from the camera pacing a fly ball to center to a shot of the runner rounding third before the ball is caught/hits the ground? With two outs no less!!! Where do they hire these people from? And how much does the job pay? Competition seems to be lacking in the talent pool.

You wouldn't need to fire all those people. Just put me in charge, I know I'd do it for less than what they would demand. I would also stop wasting cameras trying to get close ups of the crowd. I think the close ups of players and the bench are cool, but I could care less about an old dude eating a hot dog.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived