Brewer Fanatic

FSN Production Is Horrible

MickeyDavis
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, the director/cameraman/whoever responsible for the changing of the angles and what not has been horrible. Like a complete amateur or something. You'd think as a major league baseball team could get somebody semi-competent. When the TV deal is up, what other channels could they go to other than FSN? (please don't say UPN/My24) They can't be much worse, I'd like to see them explore their options. Whatever gets the games looking right I guess.

I was wondering about the old guy too. He was just some random guy in the crowd? :-!

I don't get it. Did BA spit in your coffee? I think he's fantastic. Not perfect, but no p-b-p guy is. "A few years ago" he did some baseball?
It's nothing personal against Anderson , it's just my opinion. Yes he did some minor league games early in his career. He was so good at it that he moved from minor league baseball to basketball and then all the way up to the golf channel. If you like Anderson that's great. I just think we should have been able to do a lot better. Obviously he came cheap but I thought the Brewers organization was finally above hiring based only on cheap salaries.

(pared back long quote --1992)

But his leaving baseball had nothing to do with whether or not he was good. It was just a new opportunity that I'm sure paid much better. I don't mean this as a taunt, but check out some of the other broadcast tandems around MLB. IMO Brewers fans are exceedingly lucky.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Mickey, you brought up several good points about FSN's production being awful, but you will be fighting an uphill battle with the people on this site if one of your main points is BA being a bad announcer. Myself, along with the majority of people on this board, are pleased with Brian and his progress to this point.

If we all had the same opinion there wouldn't be a need for boards like these. If you are happy with BA that's great. I hope I learn to like him as well. If they get the game telecast up from the current third grade level I wouldn't care who was announcing.

you are right, and I am glad people have differences of opinion. what i mean to say is that there have been several threads about announcers in the past, and it doesn't make much sense to me to turn this into an announcers thread (which it seemed like it was turning into)

i think we can all agree the main problem is the camera work/directing that has been mentioned...

And like I said, this is not exactly a top of the line contract that FSN threw at the Brewers. B-team contracts lead to B-team personnel.

But it is only a B-contract from the Brewers side. To FSN it must be an A contract. They are vastly underpaying to broadcast a team that is on the rise and gaining fans. I don't see any reason for them to botch the broadcasts this bad. They must understand they will have to renew the one sided contract at one point.

The local stations (ABC, CBS, NBC) can take over the broadcasts. Or WMLW, since they already broadcast some games. Heck, I really don't care, let the Oxygen network take it if they want. Just deliver a good production.

Modern "Baseball Broadcast Theory" says close up shots of the crowd elicit more emotion from the viewers at home. I think the director is overdoing it a lot.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Modern "Baseball Broadcast Theory" says close up shots of the crowd elicit more emotion from the viewers at home. I think the director is overdoing it a lot.

The only emotion it elicits from me is anger. FSN is not WGN, I don't want to see crowd shot after crowd shot with some Dave Matthews Band playing in the background. I would like to see the game and the people playing it.

Did anyone determine the point of them showing that old fan repeatedly yesterday?

No. Bill and Brian obviously had no idea or they would have said something. That was just one of MANY examples of the amateur Brewers production we have experienced so far this year. It's completely unacceptable.

Has anyone received a reply from FSN yet?
I haven't. It will be interesting to see if we get an answer and if we do are they all the same generic responses. I'm going to email Wolfley and see if he knows anything about this. I don't expect him to write anything in his column but I'd like to know what's going on with FSN.

IMO we do have the best tandem for broadcasting out there. I have extra innings and watch other games regularly and OMG some of the announcers out there are just terrible. While there are good ones, such as the p-b-p and color on NESN, a vast majority are increasingly annoying as the game progresses.

IMO we do have the best tandem for broadcasting out there. I have extra innings and watch other games regularly and OMG some of the announcers out there are just terrible. While there are good ones, such as the p-b-p and color on NESN, a vast majority are increasingly annoying as the game progresses.

Thanks for chiming in. Living out of market myself, this is the best way I could phrase it. I don't mean this as a shot at anyone, but it's easy to find what's wrong without recognizing what's right. We are fortunate.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Has anyone received a reply from FSN yet?
I haven't. It will be interesting to see if we get an answer and if we do are they all the same generic responses. I'm going to email Wolfley and see if he knows anything about this. I don't expect him to write anything in his column but I'd like to know what's going on with FSN.

I haven't heard anything yet, either.

Just my two cents on Bill and BA. I think we really are very fortunate. I really liked Matty V, and Sutton was basically the emotion of Vasgersian minus the knowledge, which was unfortunate. I think BA has a very professional handle of the game, and has shown more emotion since he first started. If I remember correctly, Sutton was a little more inhibited when he first started as well. Bill annoys me sometimes, but I think he's one of the more intelligent color guys in the game.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Kind of ancillary to the subject at hand, but has anyone figured out why some games are in HD and others aren't? If they had the cameras and capability to broadcast opening day in HD what changed on Saturday? Do they take the HD cameras out?

Kind of ancillary to the subject at hand, but has anyone figured out why some games are in HD and others aren't? If they had the cameras and capability to broadcast opening day in HD what changed on Saturday? Do they take the HD cameras out?

I have the same question. Why broadcast one game in HD and the next night, no HD.

Archived