Brewer Fanatic

FSN Production Is Horrible

MickeyDavis

That's about it, Mickey. In previous years, if one made a production checklist and ranked each item on a continuum ranging from poor to excellent, you'd probably find most everything falling between good and excellent.

Tonight, the sound is going out every few sentences. It's not just me; it's been confirmed by others in the chat. Peachy.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring Back the Stein wrote:

about as unpleasant as listening to (not watching) Scarlett Johansson do those Tom Waits covers.

Hah! That's one of the funniest analogies I've heard recently.

Speaking of misidentifying players, after Dmitri Young hit his home run yesterday and they were showing the replay, Bill called him Christian Guzman. Shouldn't they have someone correcting him in his ear piece? Even if they did, Bill didn't correct himself.

Bring Back the Stein wrote:

about as unpleasant as listening to (not watching) Scarlett Johansson do those Tom Waits covers.

Hah! That's one of the funniest analogies I've heard recently.

Speaking of misidentifying players, after Dmitri Young hit his home run yesterday and they were showing the replay, Bill called him Christian Guzman. Shouldn't they have someone correcting him in his ear piece? Even if they did, Bill didn't correct himself.

He corrected himself, albeit 4 or 5 seconds later, so he may have been told to say the correct name. But he did say Dmitri's name, eventually.

Yesterday I was watching the Colorado/Phillies game on my MLB Extra Innings Package and the Phillies hit a pop fly to center - and the Phillies annoucer says something along the lines of, "Pop fly to center - Rickie Weeks coming on to make the catch." Then about 4-5 second later he corrects himself. I belive Colorados center fielder was Willie Tavaras. I had to do a double take to make sure we didnt trade Weeks to Colorado to play Centerfield?

Wrong Team, Wrong Position and not even a name that is close. Yikes.

Whu? That's the strangest player name gaffe I've heard in recent memory. Doesn't even make any sense. Nice to know the Brewers players are sticking in opposing announcers' memories. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Seems like every game we get a pickoff attempt by the pitcher and they switch the shot to the third baseman.
That was one of the two big things I noticed. The other was the closeup on a throw to 3B from RF. All we could see was Branyan and the runner until the ball popped in at the last second. The replay was a nice angle though. It showed the whole play including the ball coming in form RF.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

That's it. I am fed up with this director. He/she doesn't seem to realize that this isn't basketball where everything happens in one camera. That DP was sweet and we get a closeup of Hall touching the bag and watching his throw to first. I wish we could have watched the ball in real time as well. If we are going to have to wait for replays to see plays, why not just tape the game and cut it together and start it an hour later. Maybe we were supposed to see the play reflected in Hall's eyes. At least Bill and Brian let us know what happened. Of course if I wanted to be told what was happenig instead of watching it, I would listen to Uke. I would call the director names, but that would be insulting to idiots and morons to be put in the same category as this person.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Count me in as another ticked off viewer. Who do we contact at FSN? Give me email addresses, or better yet, phone #s and I'll call. Heck, I chewed out Time Warner well enough that they took $40 off my monthly bill for a year ($480 saved) :-)

When Hall was caught stealing last night, with Hardy at the plate, Trenni was in the middle of doing a report on J.J. By the time she was done and B&B added their comments Hardy was done batting (he walked). They never mentioned Hall being thrown out, they never showed it again (it appeared to be pretty close).

Count me in as another ticked off viewer. Who do we contact at FSN? Give me email addresses, or better yet, phone #s and I'll call. Heck, I chewed out Time Warner well enough that they took $40 off my monthly bill for a year ($480 saved) :-)

Many of us emailed FSN at the beginning of the season and never got a reply. I contacted Trenni through the FSN myspace page and she responded, explaining that the regular director was doing NBA games and would take over in early May.

But now the "regular" director is proving to be barely a step up from the intern we suffered through in April. I'd also contact the Brewers. They don't hire FSN production people but they need to know what the viewers are experiencing.

Wait, Time Warner gave you a $40 credit per month because you were complaining the FSN broadcasts of Brewer games are terrible?

When Hall was caught stealing last night, with Hardy at the plate, Trenni was in the middle of doing a report on J.J. By the time she was done and B&B added their comments Hardy was done batting (he walked). They never mentioned Hall being thrown out, they never showed it again (it appeared to be pretty close).

This drove me nuts...from what I saw he may have been safe but I will never know because there was no re-play. Absolutley unbelievable considering Hall argued a bit. That in and of itself should have prompted the production crew to show as many angles as possible. What's worse is when I switched to WGN afterwards the coverage was so much better....hate that. And if I have to see one more person in the stands that has absolutley nothing to do with the game I am going to puke. If you must show the goofballs in the stands then do so right after a commercial for a brief moment AND THEN LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

Thank you, I feel better now.

I looked at the Hall caught stealing play a few times. (I have TiVo.)

It was a good call. He was out.

I'm not sure how you can tell from the one angle they showed on the live play. I also have a DVR and replayed it. I thought the tag was pretty high. I wanted to see the alternate angle from the center field angle.

I'll check tonight when I get home, I don't think I deleted it yet.

Somehow I was able to pause it just when the tag was applied, Hall was about two or three inches short of the bag.

I chalked up the early season WOAS as nothing to get too worked about but.... just.... wow. Every friggin' game is a disaster. Every time they cut to a fan doing nothing or Yost looking stoic or another Trenni doing another worthless in-game interview, all I can think is, "Cut back to the pitcher! He's going to pitch and you are going to miss it again!"

I'm sure it's a difficult job but the current director is an embarrassement to his profession.

It has been bothering me that they keep saying the Brewers are winning these games "in their final at bat." The Cameron sac fly was, but the win in Washington and last night's win were certainly not in their last at bat. A visiting team can't win in their final at bat, nor can a home team do that in the 8th inning (since somone has to end the 8th with an out). I get the point, that they keep winning exciting games at/near the end in dramatic fashion, but the terminology they keep using to describe that has been bugging me.

Archived