Brewer Fanatic

6/2/07 Marlins (Kim) @ Brewers (Capuano): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Bill was managing then after they walked Cabrera it could have been a 3 run home run!

EDIT: Well see if Wise wasn't brought in with a 4 run lead in the 9th he could have gone. There are enough pitchers, they just aren't used effectively.

Turnbow has pitched 5 of the last 6 days so I understand not using him.

Wise in 3 of the last 4 days which is a lot for him.

CV would have been my choice personally but I have no clue how his usage works since he usually goes 2 IP.

I wish Jose would have made good on his quote-unquote "threat" to never pitch for the Brewers again.

I sincerely hope Doug sends his ass back down, and I would not say that for any other player. Bring a guy up and he gets roughed up in his first action of the season, fine. That happens. But if you're gonna go AWOL and generally be an ass because you think you're better than the other guys who made the big club, you better back it up by being, well, better than the other guys who made the big club.

Get rid of him. He's got "turd" written all over him.

I went off to do some chores around the house, and came back to see some pitcher with a familiar name, having a familiar performance. The other day I woke up and realized "our bullpen isn't giving up enough homers and runs in general." Then I saw that Capellan had been recalled, and I knew that all would be well.

Not sure what Bill was talking about there. He said that Jose was throwing only 91 in the 8th inning, much slower than last year.

Last year we were all complaining that Capellan was throwing 89-91 all year, not 100 as advertised. I remember seeing him dominate the Rockies in that one outing in late August (struck out 5 of the 6 he faced), and he hit 96 on the gun, and I realized it was the first time I'd seen him throw as hard as advertised.

If you're going to bring Cappelan up, you have to use him in situations like that to see if he can do it.

The HR to WIllingham was a bad pitch, but Uggla's double was just a nice piece of hitting. The single was kind of a jam shot, too.

Certainly not an acceptable inining, but it's also pretty tough to count on winning too many games in which your offense consists of a pinch-hit solo shot and a once-a-career solo shot from a starting pitcher.

What a crappy game. I feel bad for Cappy pitched a great game and even went deep, should have gotten a W, the offense seems to show up only once in awhile. Need to get that more consistant. Looking forward to going to tomorrow's game I hope Sheets dominates and we can somehow hit off Dontrelle.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

As much as he was terrible tonight, sending Capellan down is just a reactionary move. It really isn't justified at all. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I think he's probably better than Spurling or Dessens are.

Quote:
What do you think they'd do if Sheets hit one out? Collectively pee their pants?

Alright I'm reading through the game thread and see this post and I'm thinking to myself which poster on bf.net is most likely to start peeyourpantsforabensheetshomerun.com?

Archived