Brewer Fanatic

6/2/07 Marlins (Kim) @ Brewers (Capuano): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

If those splits mean anything to you Miller should be starting over Estrada.

I disagree completely. Miller has had some good success against him in 4 or 5 AB's, but that's a trend that is sure to...ummmmmm....even out a little.

Estrada is a switch hitter and would bad lefty. This pitcher, over the last 3 years, has a vast difference in what right handed and left handed hitter do to him.

Over the last 3 years for Kim, here's a breakdown (he has faced 2 more lefties than righties, so it's very equal):

Right:

AVG:.252&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

OBP:.311

SLG:.401

OPS:.712

HR: 14

SO:155

BB:55

Left:

AVG:.316

OBP:.405

SLG:.509

OPS:.914

HR:22

SO:95

BB:84

This guy is very much above average against righties and very much below average on lefties.

I think this speaks for itself.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Corey Hart sits. Lineups from USA Today:

Gwynn

Hardy

Braun

Fielder

Estrada

Jenkins

Gross

Counsell

Capuano

I called it right on! I put Jenkins ahead of Estrada but figured Yost would do it the other way.

I had the players and the lineup!

I rule! Ned Yost rules!

This is why TGJ is hot and Corey Hart's not...

It's a sliding scale of hot handedness.

When you basically have no expectations for a player (Gwynn) it's easy to exceed them, hence he is hot even though he's not.

When a player has high expectations placed on them (Hart), and has just had a few good games, he is still not officially hot.

Get it? Me neither.

Cappy shouldn't have dived for that. Even if he got it in the glove, he probably couldn't have made the throw in time. And maybe worse, he could have hurt his back.
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived