Brewer Fanatic

Disappointed in my Fan's Choice 20 game pack

Baldkin

Seems like many who are disappointed are Terrace Level season ticket holders with a 20 game package. Why not get a 9 game package and get seats in the Loge Level behind the plate, then supplement another 3-5 games in the Terrace level as you see fit? I have been to the Terrace LEvel once, just to see the view. I have never watched a game from that level but after looking at the field from up there I wouldnt want to.

I would imagine that there is less competition for the Loge or Field Levels as well.

If I buy a 9 game pack, I don't get guaranteed location or even guaranteed playoff tickets.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I work in ticketing. I worked in the Brewer's ticket office for a couple years in the late 90's. First, let me say that the policy of assigning fan's choice packages after pre-set packages was in in place 10 years ago, and I'm fairly certain that the policy never changed. Any ticket rep who said otherwise was either likely not truthful or uneducated about the policy. Either way, that's the sign of a bad ticket rep.

As to fans receiving better seats for single game tickets than season seat holders receive, this happens all the time, in any ticket office. It all has to do with holding seat locations for possible season purchase, right up until and even beyond the first game. Please keep in mind the season tickets need to be assigned (using the Brewers as an example) by sometime in February, so orders can be processed and printed and mailed to customers prior to the start of the season. Slowly but surely, as the start of the season approaches (as well as the start of single game sales), season ticket holds are released and the available inventory is assigned to single game status (or possibly late ordering fan's choice packages)...I reiterate that this is business as usual in any ticket office. Many people are not aware of behind the scenes work in a ticket office, much like I couldn't understand the inner workings of an emergency room, for example.

I'm certain that the Brewers are still holding quality seat locations for season purchase, and those holds will gradually be opened for sale for single game purchase (or late fan's choice package orders) as the season progresses. While it may not be fair that a five year fan's choice package holder, who orders right away, may receive worse seats than a first year fan's choice package holder, who ordered on March 25 or whatever, that's reality. It took me many years to accept this reality, but working in the industry for a decade know, I have come to terms with it. Bottom line, in order to get the flexibility of a fan's choice package, you have to give up something, and that something is seat location. Any good ticket rep needs to be truthful with their account holder.

I had just the opposite experience. I went from Fan's Choice to a pre-set package and got considerably better seats, even though I ordered much later than last year. I also have never had a problem with my ticket rep, but I'm kind of neurotic about calling well in advance, getting things in writing, etc.

Yep, 217. Looking at the ball dents in the wall behind that whole loge infield area, we knew to bring a glove, and we almost had cause to use it yesterday. Someone's foul caromed off the wall below the press box and ricocheted down the middle of the section, but not quite where we were.

Those seats are nice and I am looking forward to more games there.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

i finally ponied up for a 20 game package this year (fan's choice, terrace box) and we ended up with first row seats for 7 (including the last two against the cubs!) of the 20 games and only 3 of the games are we farther back than row 3.

i actually like that the seats are in different sections as i think it'll be nice to catch some different views throughout the year.

I specifically asked my ticket rep what seats were available, and then confirmed the location over the phone. Does anyone else do that?

After the 2005 season I asked to move from the second row to the first. The agent said they would keep an eye open for them. I never heard back about it. After the 2006 season I again requested to move to the first row. Again I was told I would be called if any opened up. In February of 2007 I called the general ticket number and gave the impression I was a new full season ticket holder looking for the first row. It took him all of 10 minutes to call back with seats in the first row. He told me I could be garanteed the seats if I paid for them right then. When I mentioned I was already a ticket holder and had paid months ago, he began to hem and haw. Only two weeks later did they finally call me back to say that they would give me those seats. That is the sort of love they give bleacher ticket holders who retain their tickets through those horrible years.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I think the fact most people are failing to touch on is that fan choice tickets will become a thing of the past as the team becomes more popular. I'm sure most of the 20 game fans choice terrace section fans are unhappy because they picked games in their fan's choice packages that many other fans picked also. That seems like a reality of a winning young club.

Our fan's choice are loge outfield. The next game we have is this Thursday--probably not close to being a sell out even at game time. The tickets we got were sec 228 row 6. I looked today to see what the best seats in that level would be that are still available and low and behold you can now purchase sec 228 row 1 the same 4 aisle seats that we have, just first row. I can't go Thursday and will be trading in the tickets anyway, but that just doesn't make me very happy.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Add me to the list of people who didn't renew, and get WAY better tickets buying single game. Went the first day they went on sale and got 2 and 3rd row terrace box and first row bleachers for 4 out of six games. This is a big reason I didn't renew. It's worth paying a few extra bucks to get better seats.

Add me to the unhappy list.

We are returning 20 game pack bleacher tickets. I blame it on getting 8 or 10 together for each game, but our seats are worse on average this year, but we are very spread out game to game

235 opening day and against the Twins, the rest are in the back rows of the 100s

Mike Mercury, i said the same thing earlier in the thread. Most folks don't seem to realize that it's a privilege to get to pick out the exact games you want, one that will (hopefully) be gone soon.

wait, how is it a privilege? I don't get season plans because I never know when I'll be in Milwaukee far enough in advance, but unless you are getting a huge discount, I don't see how getting what you pay for is a "privilege". If you want tix for (for example) games 4, 15, and 27, you can always ask them for what is open and buy the seats you want. Why would it be different for a 20 game pack or whatever (barring the unlikely possibility that they get 45,000 full season ticket holders, of course)?

I did the Sunday's plus pack for this exact reason...last year i was so upset by how much i got bounced around with the fan's choice pack

Did you still get opening day with this pack?

I just don't understand why Fan's choice packs get bumped for the 9 game packs, 4 game packs (I am assuming), and even some single game tickets.

I am sitting in Terrace Box and only got around 5 bad days. Opening day (understandable), Cardinals May 10th, 2 Pirates games (Bobbleheads I believe) and September 26th cubbies game. Every other game is in the first 2 rows usually but definitely in the first 3 rows.

Joe, it's a privilege because you can choose whatever games you wish, and still get season ticket discounts, playoff priority, and guaranteed seats.

You don't get any of those things just walking up to the ticket office. For those extras, you usually have to buy some sort of "package", but because the Brewers have always bent over backwards for their fans, they have never pushed it.

Joe, it's a privilege because you can choose whatever games you wish, and still get season ticket discounts, playoff priority, and guaranteed seats.

Oh, ok. I didn't know you got much of a discount. When I had Timberwolves season tickets for a few years, the discount was never very much.

OTOH, playoff priority has never been much of a carrot in Milwaukee. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived