Brewer Fanatic

Disappointed in my Fan's Choice 20 game pack

Baldkin

So, I wanted to see if anyone had the same problem as I do with this. I finall spent the time looking at where my seats are for all 20 games this season.

I renewed my 20 game pack this year, got the same package as last year (20 game, fan's choice, Terrace Box -- I couldn't make all the games in any of the set packs) and ended up getting much, much worse seats.

Last season, we sat between 419 and 423 every game. This season, we don't sit in those sections at all, and some games (most notably vs the Cubs) my seats pushed all the way out to 406 and 433.

I wrote my ticket agent, and got a canned response with my tickets that said "Tickets are more popular this year, we're sorry if your seats aren't as good as last year, fan's choice was popular"

I spoke with another friend, who had the same problem, and their ticket agent told him that priority was given to the 20 game set packs over the fan's choice, regardless if you were a returning seat holder or not.

I'm upset because I was told I'd get better seats if anything, due to being a returning seat holder (unless they sold a bunch of full 81 game seats - which I can understand), and I wasn't warned that by not getting a 20 game fixed pack.

I feel like this may trend towards the Badgers football fans who are now being forced out of their season tickets by pricing.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

This is my first year as a season ticket holder, so I devoured the handbook...it definitely says that you're not guaranteed your seats from year to year (or an upgrade), so if someone told you that they were probably mistaken. 406 seems pretty extreme though. Have you asked if it's possible to try and change your seat location for individual games?

On another note, I'd be interested to know what some season ticket holders do with their tickets. I have every intention of going to almost every game. But the row in front of me has been empty both games so far. I assume these are season ticket holder b/c otherwise I would have been able to get my tickets a row closer, right?

It does seem like the "fan's choice was popular, sorry if you don't like your surprise new location" thing came out of nowhere, doesn't it? There was a letter in our fan's choice package explaining just this.

I can see how it would be extra vexing to feel set up for an expectation of better seats, then find out the opposite. That might be worth mentioning to your rep, provided it was he/she who hinted at better seats. Even if it doesn't improve your lot for this year, maybe they'll consider a different approach next off-season.

We managed to avoid relocation with our package, I'm guessing because we request family section seats every year (and there's only one family section in the terrace box). We also have been fan's choice customers since the mid-1990s, but I don't know how big a role loyalty plays.

We also got two packages this year, one a Sunday pack (which has taken care of the all-fan promotions) - so for the fan's choice games we selected are mostly games during the week and presumably less in demand. I realize this would not be the solution for everyone.

As for what we are going to do with 40 games...we can't go to all of them, coming from a few counties away. We are hoping to be able to spread the wealth with family, friends and perhaps even bf.netters. In today's mail we got a flyer from the Brewers inviting us to put tickets we can't use for sale on Stubhub (starting Monday, which doesn't help us too much with Thursday's game - but I digress).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think that's bad business unless you get bumped for someone with full season tickets. Some of us were fans when the team absolutely sucked, and will still be fans when economic reality means they'll absolutely suck again. Those types shouldn't be given less attention now that people have hopped on the bandwagon, because those people will hop back off when we lose 95 games.

I'm sorry about your misfortune with that. I went with the Sunday plus pack. I've been going to 25 or more games a year for a few years now and finally have the cash to drop on a package and you're making me glad I went with a set location since I can't stand sitting on the 3rd base side on day games in July...

They seem to be going more and more in this direction. It reminds me of being in college when some rich frat boys would find your corner hole and make it impossible to get a drink when you've been going there for years. On one hand, I'm glad to see more people in the park but I hate to see this stuff happen to loyal fans. Unfortunately, I don't think loyalty plays into this at all. I guess as long as they're putting a respectable product on the field, this is the kind of stuff we'll have to deal with. While I don't miss the miserable teams, I do kind of miss the days of having 5 rows in either direction to yourself.

The worst thing is, like Ewizabeff said, I think alot of these seats will be empty for many of the games.

I dont know. Maybe it is the fact that they are in the terrace level? My dad has been a 20 game season ticket holder since 1999 and his seats have gotten better and better, but he is on the field level. We are now about 18 rows behind home plate on the field level. We started down the first base line quite a ways.

the brewers ticket office has continually shown that they have no real interest in how long you have been a fan. money talks in their minds...not loyalty.

my experiences with them have been 50/50 over the past few years. some good experiences...some utterly ridiculous experiences.

On another note, I'd be interested to know what some season ticket holders do with their tickets. I have every intention of going to almost every game. But the row in front of me has been empty both games so far. I assume these are season ticket holder b/c otherwise I would have been able to get my tickets a row closer, right?

A lot of "season tickets" are bought by ticket brokers. They sell the tickets on various websites for a good chunk of profit. They can afford to not sell some tickets since they are making such a profit on the ones they do sell (see opening day and Cubs games). I agree that the ticket office seems to not care that I've been a full season ticket holder since 02 (and was a 20 game the year before) since I "only pay for the bleachers and not the more expensive seats". The only concession I got was finally this year my tickets are less than a new season ticket member.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The only concession I got was finally this year my tickets are less than a new season ticket member.

Not to take away from Baldkin's original plight, but geez, Robin. I think even our wee terrace box fan's choice package has always been discounted (at least vs. "face value"). Until the 9- and 4-packs came along, I always figured we were probably the Brewers' most small-time season ticket customer.

Same thing happened to us this year in the 300 level. After a couple of years of our 20 game Fan's Choice pack being in the same section with the same seats, suddenly this year our tickets vary on a game-by-game basis so that we're in about eight different sections (including some outfield seats when we're supposed to be infield). On the one hand, the "populrity" argument makes sense to me, but on the other hand, it really doesn't. It seems like the only thing Fan's Choice should be prioritized below would be the Full Season tickets and the set 20 game packs. There's no way the interest in those other packages went up enough to call for the dramatic change we're suddenly getting this year.

And we basically did everything "right", we ponied up for the playoff tickets immediately last year and then renewed immediately for '08 right away when we had the chance. So you're not the only one disappointed.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

the brewers ticket office has continually shown that they have no real interest in how long you have been a fan. money talks in their minds...not loyalty.

I understand you are still bitter that the Brewers alotted more opening day tickets to prospective season ticket holders this year but what does the situation being described in this thread have anything to do with money? As the orginal poster pointed out, you wouldn't think that that him getting bumped would even be possible if you get your picks in early and there wasn't an explosion of full season ticket packages being sold. Do the Brewers just process season ticket requests as they come it, without considering how long that person has been a season ticket holder? It doesn't seem so.

Now, the probably varies a lot from the 20-game packs (which I've never purchased) but when I got my Terrace Treat package (I'm a cheapskate) I specifically asked my ticket rep what seats were available, and then confirmed the location over the phone. Does anyone else do that?

My seats are also significantly worse than last year (same number of people, same level - 400), and all of my games are way, way down the lines. It was my understanding also that as I got more years (I have 5 now) the seats would gradually get better, but to hear that they gave priority to their set packs and not your longevity with them really irks me.

I understand you are still bitter that the Brewers alotted more opening day tickets to prospective season ticket holders this year but what does the situation being described in this thread have anything to do with money? As the orginal poster pointed out, you wouldn't think that that him getting bumped would even be possible if you get your picks in early and there wasn't an explosion of full season ticket packages being sold. Do the Brewers just process season ticket requests as they come it, without considering how long that person has been a season ticket holder? It doesn't seem so.

it goes beyond that incident russ. that was just frosting on the cake. i totally understand what they did with this years opening day tickets...i just dont agree with the manner they handled it.

my 07 opening day order was never processed, and nobody contacted me...after getting email confirmation that they received the order. they then tried to hijack me into buying 07 season tickets in order to process my opening day group order.

this year was just a debacle...i wont go further than that.

as i have said before, i just dont think the ticket office was ready for what happened over the past year.

as for the season ticket requests, i think that is exactly how they do it. they will hold your seats if you are a renewal, but for new orders and fans choice, it sure seems like it is first come first serve.

not entirely related, but a strange ticket office story involving fans choice:

in 06 my group had a full season terrace package. in 07 we only got a 20 game fans choice. since we ordered late, i asked if we could get our old seat location for the 20 games. they said that they were not availabe...which i understood assuming they were held back for a full season order. oddly enough, when we got our tickets in the mail, 2 of the 20 games were the exact location we had for full tickets in 06.

Now, the probably varies a lot from the 20-game packs (which I've never purchased) but when I got my Terrace Treat package (I'm a cheapskate) I specifically asked my ticket rep what seats were available, and then confirmed the location over the phone. Does anyone else do that?
I was actually able to do that this year with just my 20-game Sunday Pack. I specifically found the seats I wanted last year. Wrote them down. And as soon as the season ended, I talked to my ticket rep and said "I would like Seat A and Seat B for the Sunday Package next year." He made it happen.

Now, I actually think I have the best seats in the entire Terrace Reserve. So next year I think I might need to upgrade to the full season if I want to keep these great seats. But that does seem fair.

I've always had fantastic service & luck with the Brewer's Ticket reps. I know last year on my Fan's Choice, I had a game coming up where the seats were not satisfactory. (Behind home place, with the Big Pole obstructing part of LF) I contacted my ticket rep and said that I wasn't happy with my view - since it was partially obstructed - I sent in my tickets and he got me new & better seats.

If the team continues to get more popular, I would assume the fan's choice package will just go away. At the very least, certain games will not be available.

To me, it makes perfect sense. If you buy a pack of 20 games for a set group of games, it seems rather simple you will get the same seats. However, if you choose just the games you want, some will be more popular than others, and the seat selection will be limited.

Again, this just shows me that demand is up, which is only a good thing.

I was actually able to do that this year with just my 20-game Sunday Pack. I specifically found the seats I wanted last year. Wrote them down. And as soon as the season ended, I talked to my ticket rep and said "I would like Seat A and Seat B for the Sunday Package next year." He made it happen.

Now, I actually think I have the best seats in the entire Terrace Reserve. So next year I think I might need to upgrade to the full season if I want to keep these great seats. But that does seem fair.

I've always had fantastic service & luck with the Brewer's Ticket reps. I know last year on my Fan's Choice, I had a game coming up where the seats were not satisfactory. (Behind home place, with the Big Pole obstructing part of LF) I contacted my ticket rep and said that I wasn't happy with my view - since it was partially obstructed - I sent in my tickets and he got me new & better seats.

That's exactly what i did as well. You and i must be the lucky ones, i've never really had a problem with a season ticket rep.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Our 20 game fan's choice pack got much worse this year than last as well. I wouldn't have a problem with it as much if I was told the honest truth by my ticket rep. As I renewed my seats, he assured me that I was how soon your full payment was received for the 20 game pack, that your actual seat location was reserved. By Jan, all 4 of our seats were completely paid off, so I figured that we would have even better locations than last year. Alas, when I called in mid Feburary, and asked my rep if he could give me some of my seat locations, I was told "Pre-set game packs get better seats than your fan's choice. I won't know where your exact seats will be until most of the other 20 game packs have been sold." I was very unhappy with this answer and let him know it. His response was "you have to realize that we needed to secure as much of your payment as possible, and I guess I just didn't understand how the seat locations were being assigned this year." not even an apology, just a tough luck and I needed your account paid off so I kind of stuck you with a 'non-truth'. Needless to say, I will no longer be dealing with that rep. I have spoken to several other fans who get great service from their agents, and I think that I just got the short end of the stick with the one who originally answered the phone when I first ordered my season ticket packs a few years ago. I won't stop buying season packs, I just won't use the same agent anymore.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I was told "When you pay off your bill in full, your seats will be locked in." or something along those lines.

I did that in... November sometime. Well before the seats would've gone on sale to new 20 game customers.

I suppose that's why I'm the most disappointed.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Count me in as disappointed with the fan's choice as well. I ordered and payed the first week new customer's could. And while i ended up with the two sections i wanted i am in 423 row 17 and 18 for most of mine. which is fine. I expected to be high. But i also expected to get some good seats. But for three of my games i have in seat one and two with an obstruction. should i call and will they do anything to fix that?

I was up for a job working for this season, so I didn't buy any season pack because I wasn't sure I could use it. Instead, the day single seats went available, we bought about 6 games (mostly all-fan days).

Our seats are spectacular in 422 directly behind home plate, row 16, between the two beams so that we're not obstructed. I'm sure this won't make me popular, but I wanted to point out that we bought individual games and got the same great seats for multiple games.

This is an interesting thread (again, not to make light of anyone's ticket woes). Looking over the day's posts...

Princeginterhallhelms04, I'd ask about the obstructed view games if I were you. If they are for popular dates, like marquee games or all fan giveaways, your chances of making a move may not be so good, but if they aren't, a change might be possible. There could be a 'waiting list' for changes and perhaps you could get on it - in case another customer makes a change somewhere else along the line.

It sounds like Blancofan1 got a dud for a rep. (Not that you need to be told that.) We've had the same rep since at least 2001, so I don't have experience with anyone else.

Twobrewers, I would like to know what seats you think are best in the entire terrace reserved. I won't take them or anything; I'd just like to know your opinion. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Like twobrewers and bb4life, we have had very few problems as season ticket customers, despite not being huge spenders. I'm surprised that experiences among forum members (not that big a subset of the Brewers' customers) vary so widely. After another easy ticket exchange before today's game, I wondered about what the difference could be and came up with little besides luck. For our package, I'm sure it makes a difference that we regularly request the family section; and maybe our 'value' to the organization took a leap this off-season after we purchased the second, pre-selected 20 game package. Otherwise, I don't know.

Touching a bit on one of ewizabeff's posts (and I guess twobrewers too), we have been relatively proactive in requesting seat locations and asking our ticket rep for status checks and updates. Back in one of the crummy years, I think 2003, on an extra-low attendance night we tested seats throughout our terrace box and I made notes on which locations gave the best overall view of the field. When that season ended, I emailed our rep ranking the locations. That looks like a pretty dorky approach now that it's typed out, but we've had virtually the same seats ever since. To follow the letter of the fan's choice law (seat location not guaranteed), we switch back and forth between two rows. Every off-season, I email our rep saying we'd like to keep our current seats for as many games as is possible. This year we have two in a different part of our section (both for popular games).

Our loge package is in a section we'd had our eyes on since MP opened. Our rep was pretty plain in saying that if we wanted a package there, it would have to be a preset plan (this was early in MP, before the current wave of popularity). Last October we asked about adding the package and he got us seats on the aisle. The location was confirmed shortly before the mid-November early renewal deadline.

This all makes me curious to know two things: one, how much has the base of season ticket holders increased? (remember that the Brewers offered 2007 postseason tickets to those who placed 2008 season ticket deposits) and two, how do the Brewers prioritize season ticket customers? They may eventually release information that at least partially answers the former question. The latter they'll probably keep secret.

A lot of the best seats seem to be held back for individual game sales. This can be checked by seeing what's available for a given game on the Brewers site. One thing that might or might not work to improve your seats and retain flexibility is to get a 20 game set schedule and then use the $1 live ticket exchange option to get seats for the games you want that are not on the set schedule. The tickets you receive in exchange might be fairly good because you are a partial season ticket holder.

I would guess some of the good seats purchased on the first day of single game tiks and even now are the seats either saved for season ticket packages, or are open because another fan got them for one 20 game pack but not all.

Archived