Brewer Fanatic

6/3/07 Marlins (Willis) @ Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it time to start worrying about all those baserunners we've left on so far? It's getting to be late in the game for Sheets, I've got a bad feeling.

Please let me be wrong.

I really like JJ, but we cant give him a free pass for a bad play.

It is over now, but if we lose by one run, dont point the finger just at one player that let the lead pass. Instead, blame Hardy, Graffy, and whoever else before totally blaming that last mistake. Dont forget the early ones either.

Nice 4 pitch inning for Dontrelle. Nice approach after 5 walks.

Didn't JJ get caught in a rundown after hitting an RBI double a couple days ago, too? The run scored so it didn't really matter, but he wasn't exactly heads up on that play, either.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Didn't JJ get caught in a rundown after hitting an RBI double a couple days ago, too? The run scored so it didn't really matter, but he wasn't exactly heads up on that play, either.

Yes, but I am more forgiving on that because he hit a game winning RBI.

One more out here and Willis has himself a quality start!

In other news the Pirates blew their lead. Soriano hit a HR for the second consecutive day and just missed another HR. That doesn't bode well for our series against them since he's prone to go on some huge hot streaks.

Maybe most of the Brewer hitters aren't too smart. The one guy who shows some patience gets a walk, the rest of the hitters are just swinging away and making outs. In the process allowing Willis to continue pitching and not getting to the Marlins middle relievers.

Quote:
Here's to hoping Villy pitches both the 7th and the 8th. I'd like to avoid Turnbow in this game if at all possible.

Whether I agree with you or not, I'd be shocked if Ned didn't bring him out for the 8th. Has there been a game all year where Turnbow is available in a "hold" situation where he didn't pitch the 8th inning??

really like JJ, but we cant give him a free pass for a bad play.
It's not one of those things that's worth devoting a page of the game thread to. Eight or nine people chiming in to say the same thing just isn't productive.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Since heavy rains have knocked out my satellite signal, I went scrambling for GameCenter. Noticed that LA has taken a 5-4 lead on the Bucs, so at least the entire division isn't winning today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I felt a solo homer by the Brewers occuring today. Also, Turnbow is warming up in the bullpen, so unless the Brewers add on some more runs here, he's probably coming in the 8th.

Archived