Brewer Fanatic

4/5/08 Giants (Correia) at Brewers (Parra): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just ordered Extra Innings yesterday, and it sucks that the Saturday games are blacked out. Bob and Jim don't reach as far as Texas, so I'm relying on y'all today. Keep me posted!

Hey, congrats Craig on getting EI. Your wife must have approved!

We all like Manny Parra. Apparently, he's pitching well...Let's leave it at that.

I agree this is a fundamental viewpoint argument like if you are liberal or conservative that nobody gives in on... interesting thing though, if you are superstitious you didn't want anyone to say anything but now that it was done you want him to mention every inning in case not saying it is a jinx... what a conundrum...

My position is that it is a baseball tradition (like rally caps) that any sane person knows doesn't make any difference but as baseball fans we should respect longstanding traditions so others can enjoy them even if we don't agree...

A great example is the work of Jim Pabpski calling of the Juan Nieves' no hitter in 1987. The entire game he makes no mention of the no hitter. Calls the game like it's just another game. And when Yount makes the leaping catch for the final out, he goes nuts. Thought it was great the way he purpopsly never even mentioned the fact that he's one out away from a no hitter.

Archived