Brewer Fanatic

4/5/08 Giants (Correia) at Brewers (Parra): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone shed some light on this for me: I received the MLB Extra Innings package for my birthday. I was looking forward to sitting down and watching the crew this afternoon with some burgers and beers. However, it looks like the package has none of the afternoon games tonight. Whats the deal with this?

Even though I didn't pay myself - the package is a pretty penny and I was kind of under the impression that I got every game. Apparently it's not the case. I'm just looking if anyone knows why they don't show any of the Saturday afternoon games?

Does anyone else think that part of JJ's struggles might have to do with him hitting 7th ahead of the pitcher? Be nice to see what would happen if he was in the lineup today hitting 7th.

I had the same thoughts. I also agree with keeping Sheets on Regular rest. I get nervous when anything changes with him, like the rain delay. He did pitch well that day though.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me: I received the MLB Extra Innings package for my birthday. I was looking forward to sitting down and watching the crew this afternoon with some burgers and beers. However, it looks like the package has none of the afternoon games tonight. Whats the deal with this?

Even though I didn't pay myself - the package is a pretty penny and I was kind of under the impression that I got every game. Apparently it's not the case. I'm just looking if anyone knows why they don't show any of the Saturday afternoon games?

Fox has the rights to all the afternoon games on Saturdays, so you will not be able to watch Saturday afternoon games unless they are being broadcast on Fox. Sorry, I feel your pain.

Fox has the rights to all the afternoon games on Saturdays, so you will not be able to watch Saturday afternoon games unless they are being broadcast on Fox. Sorry, I feel your pain.

Lame......but thanks for the explanation - I figured it was something like that.

Oh well - I can faintly get Bob and Jim - I'll give that a whirl.

OK, I just found this on MLB.com........

" National Live Blackout (Regular Season): Due to Major League Baseball national exclusivities, each Saturday until 7:00 PM EST (beginning May 17, 2008 and continuing for remaining Saturdays during the regular season) and each Sunday night (for games that begin after 5:00 PM EST), all scheduled webcasts of games played within such time period will be blacked out. "

So blackouts for MLB.TV don't start until May 17th for whatever reason.

Archived