Brewer Fanatic

Radio postgame shows

dadofandrew

540 and 1250 each have post game shows out of Milwaukee. I was driving home from work today after the game and heard Bill Hall on each show back to back. Kinda funny. 540 is streamed online at espn.milwaukee.com (or something like that). Don't know about 1250, I don't listen to them that often, I'm sure someone else can chip in.

You need to sign up to listen to 1250 WSSP. Their website was posted by BucketheadBrigader so I won't post it but just sign up (it's free) and you can stream anything except for games they broadcast.

C'mon now you guys. You actually had to -ask- about a post game show? We work with WSSP on a frequent basis and they were the first ones in the Milwaukee area with a post game show. I'm a frequent listener of theirs and I gotta say it's a good program.

I'll let ya slide Al, but next time, I gotta ask you to do 25 push ups.

Heck, WSSP has a pre game show as well. Today Sparky even mentioned us and specified This Thread.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I've always listened to 1250's postgame show. They do a pretty good job and they came with it first. However, 540's postgame has one advantage that 1250 does not, they don't have Sparky. They do rotate their hosts, so you'll sometimes get something good and sometimes might end up with Steve Haywood, but you can be assured you won't get Sparky.

Sparky has gotten a little better. He used to be so pessimistic about the Brewers and not know anything. He seems to have actually learned a few things in the past season or so. Maybe some stuff is rubbing off from Tim Allen. He's still Sparky though, which means he is grating most of the time, so...

Sparky has gotten significantly better. There was a time this past summer that I just stopped listening to WSSP from 9-11 because everything that came out of his mouth was Fire Ned Yost, bench Brett Favre, etc etc. I haven't met the guy personally, so I dont know if he actually believes the words that come out of his mouth or he just likes to be radical to gain ratings and to generate discussion. It seems to have tempered lately and I can now listen to the show without wanting to switch over to WXXS or somethign else. That said, for sports shows, WSSP is the only station I listen to as I hate National Radio Shows like ESPN, Ben Maller, etc.

That said, for sports shows, WSSP is the only station I listen to as I hate National Radio Shows like ESPN, Ben Maller, etc.

540 isn't all National Radio Shows. They have local programming from 9 AM - 12 AM and from 2 PM - 6PM (other times too, I'm sure, but that's when I listen).Of course, 1250 airs Rome, so it's not like they are all local radio either.

Mike and Mike is on 540, it's on from 5-9 AM. They also have Mike Tirico (and friends) from noon - 2 (although someone posted here recently that 540 is looking to replace that with local programming as well).

I can pick up 540 in Sheboygan (furthest north I go for business) and I've heard that it goes down to Chicago.

That's awesome. I do a lot of listening at night, and the only signal(sportswise outside of 620) i get in Walworth county is 670 the score. I'll have to check out 540 now.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

As long as we're talking post-game, how come Brewers Radio Network (.com) isn't posting their daily pre-game interviews and post-game recaps (podcasts)? Has the website changed and I completely missed it?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I guess it is really a matter of taste. 540 has the advantage of having Drew Olson and Tom Haudicourt for Brewers insite and their Lowe's Postgame show is quite good. They said on Friday that they will be soon adding Jeff Cirillo to some home game shows. As far as regular programming the D-List is pretty good for the exception of Bill Johnson who gives Sparky a run for his money but Olson and Needles are quite funny. Homer...is well Homer, you like him or hate him. Mike and Mike are ok, Tirico sucks period...I miss Dan Patrick's show.

1250's signal just isn't very good out where I live and a majority of their local personalities are like finger nails on a chalkboard. Back when Rome was on 1510 I quit listening. So it is a matter of taste.

It will be interesting to see the battle between 1250 and 540 here in the coming months as 540's new signal gets even stronger with the new technology being installed in Jackson. Competition is always good for the quality of work but I worry that now 540 got stronger if 1250 might start going down a little listeners wise.

As long as we're talking post-game, how come Brewers Radio Network (.com) isn't posting their daily pre-game interviews and post-game recaps (podcasts)? Has the website changed and I completely missed it?

The BRN stuff is now on the Brewers section at www.sportsbubbler.com.

It took me awhile to find it as well.

Thanks Newfield.

I really like to hear the highlights and was disappointed when I saw they weren't being updated at the previous site.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

1250 also airs Ben Maller. My roommate likes to listen to Mike & Mike. I assumed that was ESPN radio (540). If they have local guys, I've never apprently tuned in at a time that did so.

Ben Maller starts at like midnight. I don't think many people listen to the radio at midnight although I do like the back and forth between Ben and Karen Kay.

Archived