Brewer Fanatic

6/4/07 Cubs (Marquis) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting...I had visions of one of Estrada's line drives to left-center, scoring two. I guess I'm the only one here now that likes his offense. I just wish he'd walk quite a bit more, but I like the line drives that usually come off his bat.

Yost had to have figured how asinine his idea to put Estrada in the 5 hole was by now. Put a guy who never walks and has no speed in a position to put a lot of balls into play with runners on. Brilliant!

Braun should have let the ball hit him. That way he's out, the ball is dead, and the run scores. Or would he have to go back to third? Either way, the game is tied or the bases are still loaded.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Estrada doesn't make out the lineup card.....jojo the chimp manager does.

I know that. Still, it's pretty frustrating to watch him kill rallies. I know it's not his fault he doesn't walk, he doesn't have the mindset to do so, that's fine. I still cannot stand to watch him take an AB. Let him go down and expand the zone hitting 8th. He's kind of a great example of a guy that had numbers better than what he really is. He's a AVG only hitter, and I suppose that looks alright in a box score when he's in Arizona, but the guy hits like it's tee-ball.

Quote:
Were either Prince or Estrada actually running there.... it was like a freaking HR trot.

Didn't really pay attention to Prince but Estrada is just slow. I knew once Prince was out at second it was a double play.

I know that. Still, it's pretty frustrating to watch him kill rallies. I know it's not his fault he doesn't walk, he doesn't have the mindset to do so, that's fine. I still cannot stand to watch him take an AB. Let him go down and expand the zone hitting 8th.

I agree Brett....I'm as frustrated as anyone that nedly consistently puts his players into situations where their chances of success are low.

I rarely rip the manager but what in the heck is his fascination with hitting Estrada 5th in the lineup? Seriously.

The guy kills more rallies swinging at pitcher pitchs and he has 18!!!! RBIs.

What makes NEd think this guy is 5 hole hitter?

Archived