SS J.J. Hardy

3B Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

C Johnny Estrada

LF Geoff Jenkins

CF Bill Hall

2B Craig Counsell

RHP Dave Bush

That's about what I expect against righties until Weeks is back.

How come it says our stats against Dontrelle still??

Because wOOgiE is human.

I bet he'll see this and insert the right stats soon. Meanwhile, I'll edit the end of his post so it no longer reads "Beat the Marlins!"

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

In honor of this series, I have decided to change my avatar for all to enjoy!

That said, it's gonna be a slug-fest tonight most likely. Especially if the roof and panels are closed. And, seeing as I can see MP out of my window here at work... the roof's closedhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I just have this feeling that the Crew is ready for one of those laughers - where they win 14-2 or something. Haven't seen one in a while (that I can recall). Plus, that would just be priceless to witness with all of those moron Cub fans in the stands. Keep the garbage away from them - they may flood the field with it! Ah, those lovable, cute Cubbie fans.....

Dang it of course WGN is not going to broadcast tonights game...They will though broadcast the game tommorow night & Wednesday's day game...to bad I going tommorow nights & have to work on Wednesday. Those of you who have FSN don't have that issue like I do since I refuse to pay the extra $40 a month for FSN & ESPN

I just posted the following question to one of my good friends (who retains that title despite being a Cubs fan):

Who's going to get more hits in the series:

a) Brewers

b) Cubs

c) Carlos Zambrano (on all of the above)

???

I'd rather not have the back-end of the rotation going up against the Cubbies, but let's hope for some quality starts out of Bush and Vargas (and a winning series, naturally).

Haha sorry about all the mistakes, I was in a rush to go lift weights and I didn't double check that I had everything right. But everything is fixed now. Thanks hawing for editing it to say Cubs, for a second I thought I was going crazy because I knew I didn't type that!

"I'd take 3 runs in 6 or 7 IP every outing from Bush."

A quality start every time out from our #4 starter? Of course, we'd all sign up for that in a heartbeat. Frankly I'd consider taking that from Suppan as well.

The better question is, would you take: 7 IP, 3 earned runs in two of every three outings, with the third being more along the lines of 5 IP, 4 earned runs? I think that hews a little closer to what we can expect from Bush over the long haul. I gotta say, I'd sign on the dotted line for that as well.

This is an important series because every one says that the Cubs are down. I know that a series victory by the Cubs could solve a lot of their problems. They would feel pretty good about themselves and maybe they would begin a winning streak.

I agree, Augie. Every game is important, but I think this series does take on greater importance than usual for a series this early in the year. I believe the Cubs still represent our most likely challenger this year, so it wouldn't be good to give them reason to begin an upswing by losing a series to them. And looking at it the other way, if we could sweep them ....

Hey Woogie, do you know where the weight room is? Is it this way, or is it THAT way? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2449028/2/istockphoto_2449028_sexy_commando.jpg

As with every team, it seems like you HAVE to stay away from leeing the big bats get you. Pitch away from Lee if you can and then get DeRosa later in the inning. I think if that they should be able to handle this lineup if the pitching is adequate.

Archived