Brewer Fanatic

Toronto Extends Rios: 6 years/64 Million

zzzmanwitz

I think that's a bit facetious, calling him an above average player. The last two years his *OPS+ has been 120 and 122.

I guess it depends on how narrow you think above average is. For a corner outfielder, I don't think an OPS + of 120 is a huge step from above average. You could call him good. but with vague adjectives, there will always be some kind of gap.

I would have preferred to procure to Corey's signature prior to that contract being announced, as I think it definitely is going to raise the bar on the lithe speedster/slugger....or is it slugger/speedster. I'll just call him the slashie.

I guess it depends on how narrow you think above average is. For a corner outfielder, I don't think an OPS + of 120 is a huge step from above average. You could call him good. but with vague adjectives, there will always be some kind of gap.

When you factor in Rios's D, he's well above "above-average." Not to mention that Rios is only growing into his power.

that's a lot for merely an "above-average" player

Hey -- you can go sign Jeff Francouer! He hasn't inked yet, and he's walking more every year!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived