Brewer Fanatic

6/5/07 Cubs (Lilly) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cub fans used to not bother me at Miller Park because they were using up otherwise empty seats. This year it's really annoying playing at home with the pro Cubs faithful making noise with bases loaded in the top of the 8th.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
Save Yost's ass.

I don't really think Ned did anything wrong. He was going to let CV pitch the 8th inning, but he walked the lead-off man.

There's going to come a point in the season where TBow will need to pitch with a guy on base.

Ned thought he'd give him a chance tonight with a guy on first and a 4 run lead.

FWIW, I didn't think Turnbow looked that bad tonight. He looked great on the K of Murton and the single by DeRosa just squibbed past Hardy. Hopefully CoCo can make quick work of Soriano and finish the deal in the 9th.

Yeah, nevermind that Turnbow put two of the three runners there

Maybe Yost should just stick with the formula that has worked so well - Turnbow gets the 8th, Cordero the 9th. What's so difficult about that? Turnbow is obviously more comfortable coming in to start an inning.

Quote:
Yeah, nevermind that Turnbow put two of the three runners there.

I agree I don't think Yost did anything wrong here.. he basically only has Villy and Coco that are dependable with T-Bow showing up half the time.. so faced with a day game tomorrow he tries to squeeze another inning out of Villy then goes to T-Bow in a low pressure situation (4 run lead, 1 on) and no brings in Coco in the 8th knowing he is blowing up his bullpen for tomorrow.

I just don't see how you can find a lot of fault in that logic.

Archived