Brewer Fanatic

6/5/07 Cubs (Lilly) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I didn't need your brilliant recap of what I just watched to tell me what happened.

I was just using facts to make a point that Turnbow had a bad outing. I'm more a believer in results that you are I guess. You seem to put more of a premium on aesthetics.

the Cubs announcer actually said "wrigly field north"?? that seems a bit classless...you'd think they'd be more professional than that, but what do you expect, they're part of the cubs organization!

Quote:
I was just using facts to make a point that Turnbow had a bad outing. I'm more a believer in results that you are I guess. You seem to put more of a premium on aesthetics.

No I look at both. I know the results weren't great, but I thought the location, mechanics, and confidence were good.

He got squeezed on a couple close pitches to DeRosa or it's a different game.

I feel like people expect him to get guys 1-2-3 every single outing because he's the set-up man, but every team in baseball has middle relievers that give up runs on occasion. It's part of the game. Luckily for the Brewers, Turnbow is automatic most of the time.

Coco did pretty well getting 4 outs and more importantly...

BALLGAME!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived