Brewer Fanatic

"Brewers" or "Milwaukee" on front of road uniforms?

I really wish they would go back to the good old days and have Milwaukee on the road uniforms then Brewers like they have for I'm not even sure how many years now. I know they say its because the Brewers are the state of Wisconsin's team, which is true. But they are the Milwaukee Brewers and it is tradition to have the city name on the road uni's. It's not a huge deal, but am I the only one that would love to see Milwaukee on those grey and blue road uni's?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

We wear the all grey road uni?

I would like to see it. If we are Wisconsin's team, then call us the Wisconsin Brewers. Heck, good chunks of Wisconsin are Cubs or Twinkies fans. But Milwaukee on the front of the road unis.

I wouldn't like Milwaukee on the uniforms. I know it's only two letters longer than Brewers but just picturing it written in the same type font is ugly and too long.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I wouldn't like Milwaukee on the uniforms. I know it's only two letters longer than Brewers but just picturing it written in the same type font is ugly and too long.

It actually looks quite good in the current font. I have seen it on a few different t-shirts.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah, I think it actually looks pretty good with the current script:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/64/full/1181.gif

If that was on the road unis, there would be a word separation issue, especially with the "e" underline extending so far. If they shortened it up a bit, they could split the word between the "w" and the a".

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

During the last Talking Brewers he mentioned that the team is looking into updating both the player and fan clothing options. A guy called in about the lack of Milwaukee on the front and Mark said they unfortunately can't just go out and change things quickly. I guess the designs are locked in for X number of years per MLB rules. I too would love a gray road jersey with the city noted.

I attended opening day and a very cool sweatshirt was list price of $150. How can a team expect fans to show support and wear their gear when the pricing is so ungodly high. I bet the garment cost the team $10.

I support the idea of the word 'Milwaukee' printed on the road jerseys. I also support the idea of having more ball-and-glove logo merchandise available in the modern Brewers colors.

MLB gets its revenue through licensing. Stuff sold at ballparks goes to the clubs, but the league will indirectly get a cut of those sales through the licensing mechanism which makes the manufacture of goods with MLB licensed TMs and such possible in the first place.

I support the idea of the word 'Milwaukee' printed on the road jerseys. I also support the idea of having more ball-and-glove logo merchandise available in the modern Brewers colors.

Yeah I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the ball and glove logo. I like it, but think it is overdone. But if they started making more merch with that logo in the current color scheme I would be okay with that. Like a alternate hat for the team with the ball and glove logo in the current colors. I bought a Braun shirt today at Wal-Mart that has the "Milwaukee" on the front. I will take a pic later and post, looks fantastic.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Not that it is a big deal, but it is worth mentioning for discussion or opinion.

The road uniform for the Crew has said "Brewers" since they switched uniforms before the 2000 season. Can someone refresh my memory as to why they do not have "Milwaukee" written across the front of the uniform like a majority of teams do? I personally like the uniforms the way they are, but am curious as to why they would not incorporate the name of the city on the front, instead of just on a patch on the sleeve.

For those of who haven't seen what the scripted Milwaukee looks like, here is a link. Check the bottom of the page:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080405&content_id=2495222&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

2nd question about the uniform. Since there is no longer a designated Retro Friday or Sunday this year, is there a specific time when the Brewers will be wearing the throwback uniform?

Can anyone think of a team, prior to the Brewers using throwback uniforms as alternates? I think they started the trend as now Cleveland, Philadelphia, Toronto and Kansas City have now implemented throwbacks as alternates as well this year.

Milwaukee could use the favorable publicity. The adjustment to the road uniform might help to give the new Brewers a separate identity without breaking the continuity of Brewers tradition. It would sell a lot of jerseys and t-shirts.

A supposed insider in the marketing office said that retro Fridays will be happening, they just didn't do it for Opening Day - you wear your traditional uni's on the biggest game of the season. But they will be coming back. They make entirely too much money off retro merch, I can't imagine they would do away with it completely.

The goal is to increase sales. I got scammed on the whole glove logo versus new logo a few years ago. The point is to increase the number of products out there, increase debate about it, and increase, ultimately, the number of jerseys made by teenaged Sri Lankans that will be bought. (And yet my vote is "Milwaukee.")

Archived