Brewer Fanatic

The Reds announcer is amazing...

ELCABALLO45

Kudos to Thhhhhhhom Brenneman for standing up to Brantley's idiocy, even before the HR. My biggest beef with commentators is that (typically) they have free reign to make absurdly uninformed comments with no one to hold them accountable. Imo that's why firejoemorgan.com has done so well. It's great to know that Brenneman isn't a patsy. Unfortunately for him, working with Brantley & Baker all season is going to be maddening.

My favorite part: "You're the home team -- you have to tie the game."

Yea! Only three outs left, we've already got the tying run on base... let's give an out away for free! We'll still have two left!

All the people that complain about Bill really need to look around the league. It could be much worse.

I've said this before, and will again now... Our TV broadcast team is as good as there is working right now in MLB. Be very happy, Brewers fans. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Wait, I thought there was no such thing as clutch. Was Bill James wrong? He's never wrong, right?

You may just be having a laugh, but this is something that some people don't understand. Of course clutch hitting exists. However, whether an indiviual can be counted on to perform better in the clutch as opposed to normal is highly questionable. After all, if they could perform better in the clutch, why don't they just perform better all the time?

I watched a fair amount of that game on FS Arizona. Our old friend Daron S was pretty upset with the outcome. Didn't say much, but you could tell the way the entire thing unfurled just disgusted him. He and Grace were talking about the little things that AZ had done well to get to that point in the game, and they were right. The D-backs just played better the whole game, then *POOF*.

I think Daron's last call was "All those little things. WASTED!" Then silence for about 15 seconds. Don't know if he thought they had gone to commercial, or if he did it for effect. But the disgust seemed genuine. Think he's seen that kind of as-near-as-you-can-get-to-undeserved a little too often in that bandbox.

Brantley is the guy who remains convinced that Rafael Palmeiro never took steroids, just because they were teammates in college at Mississippi State. He's pretty much been a joke ever since he defended Palmeiro to the death on ESPN, even after Raffy tested positive.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

What the HELL is Dusty doing?

Ha! Rluz, be sure to read the fjm.com links if you haven't already. On second thought, if you have, just go back & read them again... you'll still laugh like it's the first time.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

EDIT: Here's Red Hot Mama's take:

"The game gave Dusty Baker his first victory as a Reds manager. Unfortunately, I'm not too optimistic that there'll be many more of those, especially since Baker had Edwin BUNTING with no outs.

The best part might have been Jeff Brantly on the telecast ranting against Encarnacion, saying he wasn't clutch and since he couldn't bunt, he should have been pinch-hit for. He was interrupted by Encarnacion's ST[H]U."

Also, I noticed that she has our own Manny Parra entered in her "NLC's Hottest Baller" contest. Somehow, he's losing big to Jason LaRue. Yes, that - ugly - Jason LaRue.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived