Brewer Fanatic

4/4/08 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Villanueva): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Villy is throwing some good pitches, the Giants are just being pretty patient. Looks like we'll need that middle relief today.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

2. According to gameday his fastball is not even hitting 80 mph. Tell me he looks better than that.

Hmm not sure what gameday you're looking at. Gameday for me says he's in the upper 80's and the gun for FSN agrees.

A few things: 1. 43 pitches for Villy in 2 innings, that hurts. 2. According to gameday his fastball is not even hitting 80 mph. Tell me he looks better than that.

Hummm, interesting...

Which gameday are you using?

Mine is showing 87 to 89 for his fastball, 81 to 83 for the slider, and 73 to 75 for the curve.

boo birds are out in force
I had to get up from my desk for a bit.

What were those drunken idiots booing about already?

The score is 3-0.

I'm the minority in this, but as a hardcore fan, I don't like attending Opening Day. OD is for everyone else. They get drunk and act stupid and generally make it annoying for all the people that want to be there for the stuff on the field, not to see and be seen. I love OD's like this where we're home the whole weekend. I'm going on Sunday, I didn't stand in the cold or pay an arm and a leg for the tickets and I should be able to enjoy the game without as much of the stupidity.

Gameday usually shows two different pitch speeds. One is the release speed (the one that's traditionally followed), and the other is the speed when it reaches the plate.

He's been around 88-89 with his fastball all game, but it's pretty likely that those pitches are around 80 when they reach the plate.

I'm becoming a Gameday expert with all the flippin day games http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Sanchez is all over the place with his fastball, we're just chasing it.

Maybe he has a really flat 2-seam he's using because nothing he's thrown is breaking so far.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

EDIT: Jazzy = Quicker w/ the typin' fingers.
I'm at work. I have to type fast so it seems like I'm doing something http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

~Nottso

From the sounds of it, and from what I have briefly seen since getting home, this Sanchez kid has NASTY stuff. Good young pitcher. The Giants have a bright future with this staff. I hope we can hold their putrid offense off the board all weekend, because we won't score a ton of runs IMHO.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I don't see how his 4 seam and 2 seam could be so consistent speed-wise if he has a 2 seam. His fastballs have been consistent the entire game, so I just don't understand how it's so hard to hit him. 91-93 MPH fastball, every pitch.

~Nottso

Archived