Brewer Fanatic

4/4/08 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Villanueva): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really really like the Brewers. Is it tommorrow yet? Sheets is pitching right? Yahoo and cbssportsline have Parra starting but I thought I remember hearing that they would not be pushing Sheets back a day?

Parra is pitching. They don't want to skip starts. Sheets goes on Sunday against Zito.

I had a blast at the game. The offense was exciting. The drunks were entertaining. What more can you ask for on Opening Day?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/NoMercy.jpg

Community Moderator

I agree with Ajay, Opening Day was amazing!!!

However, I am wondering about a person-sized hole in Miller Park's exterior facade, field level right field side. It looked like it just happened because there was broken glass everywhere and an usher looking after it. Just wondering if anyone saw this happen...

Only 25 pages for the thread from the home opener game? C'mon now. What's up with that? I know lots of you were at the game, but really. I came home figuring this IGT would be pushing 50 pages long.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Only 25 pages for the thread from the home opener game? C'mon now. What's up with that? I know lots of you were at the game, but really. I came home figuring this IGT would be pushing 50 pages long.

It was 131 pages but Bill Hill deleted 106 of them.

However, I am wondering about a person-sized hole in Miller Park's exterior facade, field level right field side. It looked like it just happened because

there was broken glass everywhere and an usher looking after it. Just wondering if anyone saw this happen...

I saw this happen! I was walking down the stairway towards the exit. As I looked out the window, I saw some dude just go flying through the window. Just like in the movies. The dude gets up, brushes the broken glass off of him and looks around to see if anyone of authority saw what happened. Then he just kept on his merry way back to tailgate some more. No idea if the guy was thrown through the window or what happened. But it made opening day even more entertaining. That and the fist fight I witnessed in Sec 409.

I saw this happen! I was walking down the stairway towards the exit. As I looked out the window, I saw some dude just go flying through the window. Just like in the movies. The dude gets up, brushes the broken glass off of him and looks around to see if anyone of authority saw what happened. Then he just kept on his merry way back to tailgate some more. No idea if the guy was thrown through the window or what happened. But it made opening day even more entertaining. That and the fist fight I witnessed in Sec 409.

I saw the fist fight as well, but it wasn't that great of one. I was in section 407. Some girl also puked in the entrance to 407 shortly after that. I love Opening Day, but I do miss the days when there weren't as many totally wasted people at Opening Day. I still plan on going to future Opening Days, but this does make it less-enjoyable...I guess I'm getting old.

my sister-in-law (Hi, Suzanne, you lurker!) said something in an email that it appeared that the guy ran through the glass door/window as if on a "dare" that he could/couldn't do it. Not sure if this happened in front of her or behind her. But that's what she said.

I hated not going online or anything all day, but it was worth it coming home after a day at school and downing some rum & cokes (sorry, outta beer--besides, hitting BW3 tomorrow for Final Four action will bring enough beer) and watching the game. Great stuff!

edit: by the way, don't know how many others noticed (or were even in the park) but Robb Edwards totally butchered the starting lineup by announcing "Batting 2nd, the center fielder, #33, Gabe Kaplan. #33 Kaplan"

I almost bust a gut laughing!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well Opening Day was great until I went through that window!!! Just kidding, but I seriously just woke up from the game. This maybe should be in the drunk thread but im posting it here. Apparently my buddy got pulled over because I was hanging out of the sunroof/window while leaving the game. Thank god he was sober because I think I am still drunk!! I actually remember the game, but notmuch after it. Oh boy!!! Go Crew.

edit: by the way, don't know how many others noticed (or were even in the park) but Robb Edwards totally butchered the starting lineup by announcing "Batting 2nd, the center fielder, #33, Gabe Kaplan. #33 Kaplan"

I saw that on the broadcast and mentioned it in the chat. I was quite surprised that he said it twice. I half wondered if it was some kind of prank or dare.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived