Brewer Fanatic

4/4/08 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Villanueva): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Extra innings almost has me hooked. I havent looked into the price yet, anyone know how much it is for the season?

On Comcast, it's $160 for the season. I assume it would be similar on other cable systems and satellite. I know DirecTV has a SuperFan package over and above Extra Innings, too.

DirecTV Superfan is $50 more. But, if you have a HDTV, it's a must, as it is the only way to get all the games in HD (well, at least those that are broadcast in HD, which looks to be a majority this season). SuperFan also includes a GameMix with 8 games on the screen at once and the StrikeZone channel, which flips between games at key junctures.

Or, if you're not wanting to drop a whole lot of money, Directv has a sports tier for an extra $12 a month, and you get most of the Fox Sports networks, Yes Network, NESN, and a few other sports channels. That's good enough for me being a Brewer fan in San Antonio....Fox Sports Wisconsin is going to have what, 130-140 of the games on this year? So, I'll take that, as many of my nights are busy, I can't legitimize spending $160 for mostly stuff I'm not going to watch as opposed to $12 a month for my Brewers games, and a few other games here and there. Works for me.

How have the Giants won a game? I guess even a blind, offensively anemic squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile.

As for it being another day game, I don't really mind the Friday afternoon games (especially since I don't have class on Fridays...hooray creative scheduling). Four afternoon games in a row (six by the time the weekend is done) is a little crazy, though, but that's what happens when you start the season in Chicago. With that said, Go Crew, and good luck to The Real CV on "Monster Mega Opening Day in Milwaukee" (thanks for that, Ned).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

all games out of market are blacked out on the FSN channels, you have to get the MLB package in order to see them.

I was able to see the Brewers game yesterday on Fox Sports.

That's probably because the MLB Extra Innings package is free for everyone the first week.

That's probably because the MLB Extra Innings package is free for everyone the first week.

Well, if that's the case, then it's extremely pointless for me to have the extra $12 Sports Tier. I may have to see if I can afford to get the Extra Innings package.....maybe the wife will let me.

Well, if that's the case, then it's extremely pointless for me to have the extra $12 Sports Tier. I may have to see if I can afford to get the Extra Innings package.....maybe the wife will let me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Yeah, for another $80 or so you can get the MLB package and drop the sports tier. Good luck!

I have the $12 sports tier, mainly because I get extra college football, college hockey, and college baseball games on all the various RSNs. I also get ESPNU and CBS College Sports (the former CSTV).

Not only that, but if you're gone during the afternoon and there are baseball games, you can sometimes catch replays on RSNs. Those aren't blacked out in most cases.

After plunking down $120 for the second half of the NHL season on Center Ice, Extra Innings won't be happening. Especially after I broke down and finally bought a Wii. I need games for it now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

After plunking down $120 for the second half of the NHL season on Center Ice, Extra Innings won't be happening. Especially after I broke down and finally bought a Wii. I need games for it now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last night, I heard that if you purchased the NHL package (Time Warner only), that you automatically get the baseball package. They are on the same channels on Time Warner, and they don't turn them off when the hockey season ends. I can't confirm this, since I would never buy a hockey package.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Standing in the parking lot, drinking beer and eating charred meat, the season has finally begun.

I'm not sure there is anything finer in life then Brewers baseball, charred meat and beer. Those things by themselves are awesome but when those three things are brought together they are unstoppable.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm with BuckyTuba...sucks being part of the Brewers diaspora. All I can do is wear a hat and sometimes my Prince Fielder jersey around Philly.

Although, some people have come up to me at bars when I've got my Braun t-shirt on and star tup a conversation about how he's going to dominate in fantasy.

I can't even wear brewers clothes because I have to work night shift tonight at the nuke plant. we have this standard attire policy........... the only way out of that would be to embroider a progress energy logo on a brewers polo or vice-versa.

San Francisco

D. Roberts lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .333
E. Velez 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500
R. Winn rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .182
B. Molina c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
A. Rowand cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .400
J. Castillo 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .273
R. Aurilia 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .091
B. Bocock ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .125
J. Sanchez p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Milwaukee
AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
R. Weeks 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250
G. Kapler cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .167
P. Fielder 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .300
R. Braun lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
B. Hall 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .167
C. Hart rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .182
J.J. Hardy ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .077
C. Villanueva p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
J. Kendall c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .400
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Doh, got beat to the lineups.

On the JS blog they said Gwynn wouldn't be available today or tomorrow with his hammy. Looks like Double G gets more PH opportunities.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm not sure there is anything finer in life then Brewers baseball, charred meat and beer. Those things by themselves are awesome but when those three things are brought together they are unstoppable.
add in being able to be on brewerfan.net in the parking lot and i find this to be the perfect tailgate.

Archived