Brewer Fanatic

4/4/08 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Villanueva): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
why did rowand get pulled? If they don't have him, they are even more wretched.

He was a game time decision to start because of bruised ribs. No need to have him playing in a blow out.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why was Salmon Torres pitching today? If you don't put Mcclung in now when do you plan on pitching him? Turnbow? I can only assume at least one of them will pitch, but the most Yost thing would be Mota and Gagne for the 8th and 9th.

Turnbow and McClung pitched yesterday.

If you don't put Mcclung in now when do you plan on pitching him? Turnbow? I can only assume at least one of them will pitch, but the most Yost thing would be Mota and Gagne for the 8th and 9th.

Both pitched yesterday, McClung for an inning plus, so I don't know he in particular is even available.

It's early in the year. They'll stretch him out as the year goes on. I doubt he'll have as short of starts as CV the departed.

He did throw 104 pitches, not much more room to stretch there.

I hope he gets better.

why did rowand get pulled? If they don't have him, they are even more wretched.

To add to what Brains and Braun said Rowand also has an injury that's been bothering him, that's what Brian said earlier in the broadcast. I'm sure some time off would do him some good.

Ueck just said Kendall is just 2 runs away from scoring 900 career runs. He said he'll be on the list of guys who were primarily catchers to do so, but I didn't catch what # he'd be. Still, cool for Kendall.
Ok Kendall made it to 900 and here's the list, from baseball-reference.com, of course:

1. Fisk 1276

2. Rodriguez 1210

3. Berra 1175

4. Ewing 1129

5. Bench 1091

6. Simmons 1074

7. Piazza 1048

8. Cochrane 1041

9. Carter 1025

10. Torre 996

11. Dickey 930

12. Kendall 900