Brewer Fanatic

4/4/08 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Villanueva): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think sending Gagne out would be a bad choice, gotta be hard to be fully focused when you are the closer being sent out in a joke of a game.

That is a good point as well. But would be nice for the fans to give him a rousing ovation to come in in a no pressure situation.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I don't want to start something here but...

Villy went 5.1 innings today.

Would people still be saying "nice job", if that was Vargas instead of Villy?

I'm not a Vargas fan, nor to I dislike the guy. I do like Villy. But I'm just sayin'.

And Jim Powell taking a cue from the Reds game talks trash about Molina and says he wouldn't be a clean-up hitter on any other team. Of course, he promptly hits a hr.

At least Powell's statement was true. Molina wouldn't hit cleanup on any other team. It wasn't some stupid statement about a player not being clutch because he didn't drop down a bunt.

Why was Salmon Torres pitching today? If you don't put Mcclung in now when do you plan on pitching him? Turnbow? I can only assume at least one of them will pitch, but the most Yost thing would be Mota and Gagne for the 8th and 9th.

Behind 4-2, the Cubs did some interesting gymnastics for the top of the 9th, moving Derosa to 3b, Soriano to 2b while bringing a pitcher into Ramirez' spot in the lineup. Fukodome, Soto, and Pie in the ninth for the Cubs..Fukodome just popped out.

Archived