Brewer Fanatic

6/8/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Rangers (Tejeda): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

make that 5 more solo homers.........

I don't mind watching crappy baseball for a week or 2 but this has been going on for over a month now.

At least we can count on Ned to tell us that everything is fine after the game. Cappy was just a little off. Billy Hall will break out any day now....yada yada yada......

I still think the Brewers are pathetic. They aren't playing any better than the 2002 team. The Rangers are the worst team in the American League. This team can't even be respectable against them. The post season is a pipe dream.

Community Moderator
Quote:
They aren't playing any better than the 2002 team

This team is playing way better than the 2002 team. We aren't losing by double-digits yet, like we consistently did that year.

I am not going to say a thing.

Except...we are a talented team playing garbage baseball.

I can't keep quiet and this is the first time I have EVER mentioned this...but if we get swept by this team-Yost should be fired.

Don't forget that Buck Rodgers got fired at 25-25 or something after making the playoffs a year before. I just think this team needs a spark and if we get swept by these guys it would make Ned a perfect scapegoat.

I still think the Brewers are pathetic. They aren't playing any better than the 2002 team. The Rangers are the worst team in the American League. This team can't even be respectable against them. The post season is a pipe dream.

Man, I can be pretty sarcastic and point out negatives, but you're downright depressing! They're not pathetic in the general sense. I'm as upset as anyone at how they're playing the last few weeks, but they're way too talented to be pathetic. It is very possible that they're too young and inexperienced to be a playoff team yet.

At least we still have 5 innings. Against this staff, anything is possible.

6 solo homeruns by Fielder won't be easy, even against this staff.

Although Soriano had 3 through 4 innings for the Cubs. That just makes me remember how good the Cubs offense can be, and how small our lead over them has become.

I am not going to say a thing.

Except...we are a talented team playing garbage baseball.

I can't keep quiet and this is the first time I have EVER mentioned this...but if we get swept by this team-Yost should be fired.

Don't forget that Buck Rodgers got fired at 25-25 or something after making the playoffs a year before. I just think this team needs a spark and if we get swept by these guys it would make Ned a perfect scapegoat.

I've been very critical of some Yost decisions this year, but to this point have been an overall supporter. But, you may have a point if they get swept in Texas. Certainly can't use injuries as an excuse given that Weeks is the only everyday player out (and only for the past 10 days), and we've had our original rotation all healthy and pitching. I may have to agree that maybe his job is in jeopardy a little bit.

Let me clarify that I still am not giving up on tonight's game and thus they won't get swept by Texas.

The thing that makes their play pathetic is the fact that they have so much talent. What is the ratio of quality at bats vs. wild swings for the fence in the last three weeks? Skube is right. This is the Buck Rodgers days revisited.

I just had an epiphany.

I think Weeks was batting about .260 with a .360 OBP when we were at 14 games over. Then his wrist went to pot and we slumped a bit. The slump still continues and makes me wonder Weeks value.

Hmmm...

Archived