Brewer Fanatic

6/8/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Rangers (Tejeda): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting Hall at DH means that if they need him as an emergency infielder, they lose the DH for the game. I'm not sure that's a big consideration, but knowing how Ned seems to worry about contingencies I wouldn't be surprised if that's entered his mind.

hall batting 8th....he cant fall much farther...he needs to have a big series against Texas

That is a joke as far as I'm concerned. You hear the talk about keeping a "consistent top 5" in the batting order. Yet the 4th hitter got dropped, first to the 7th spot, and now the 8th - after a little slump. But, Estrada is free to suck all he wants in the 5th spot and not get moved.

Hello,

Long, long time lurker....first time poster due to a flight cancellation today...stuck in a hotel with nothing but the Brewers and Brewer Nation!!!

I'm in hopes my exit from the proverbial Brewerfan.net closet inspires the Crew to get back on track and sweep these Law Dogs Sconnie style!

There is a new Sheriff in town...and his name aint Reggie Hammond, or Jeffrey!

Go Brewers!

What's not to get, brett? Sure, Hall is .255 / .314 / .412 and Estrada is .263 / .283 / .430, which means that they have nearly identical OPS. Sure, Hall's is slightly better and more valuable with the higher OBP at that. But Hall lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. He ain't got that do re mi. You know what I mean?

Besides, a catcher needs to be at the center of the batting order...at #5 Estrada can feel secure that the whole order revolves around him.

I also think Estrada needs to be moved down in the order. He's good for a catcher, but not for the fifth spot in the lineup. He's done nothing with RISP this year. I'd much rather see Jenkins there.

I think JJ is falling into a bad trap.

I think he now thinks he is a big home run hitter. This is resulting in a lot of swings out of the zone recently. He is also not shortening his stroke with two strikes.

Hopefully, I am wrong...but this could lead to bad things.

I'm behind real-time tonight with MLBAudio giving me Uecker and Powell at a 30 second (or more) delay, so no chat room for me tonight.

On topic, that was a pretty poor inning in the top of the first. I hope our hitters aren't all jacked up like they were when they faced Kim last week and strongly disappointed. I know stats can get into players heads and mess with their swings and their focus.

Hope things improve!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived