Brewer Fanatic

6/8/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Rangers (Tejeda): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Today's JS said that the Rangers are on track to have the worst starting pitcher ERA in history.

Well then I sure hope the Brewers bats do a great job of making that ERA even higer over the next 3 games. Im not saying we are going to or can sweep Texas in Texas. But it sure would be very sweet to start this AL road trip on a good note.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Melvin could get a reliever or two for Vargas and Mench.

Not a bad idea. Although as much as I have bashed Mench this season and I still wouldn't mind to much if they traded him. He has hit quite well again as of late. Still not putting up power numbers though only 2 HR's this season.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
Today's JS said that the Rangers are on track to have the worst starting pitcher ERA in history.

Am I the only one that feels that we'll probably only score like 4 runs this series after looking at that?

"The Rangers bullpen looks pretty good. Perhaps Melvin could get a reliever or two for Vargas and Mench."

See my post regarding this in the Trade Forum. Man, today has been a sloooow work day for this guy.

I think Yost may go with:

1. Hart- RF

2. Hardy- SS

3. Braun- 3B

4. Fielder- 1B

5. Jenkins- LF

6. Hall- CF

7. Estrada- C

8. Gross- DH

9. Counsell- 2B

Of course that is hoping he DH's Gross and actually moves Estrada from the 5 hole which has killed us as of late.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

This should be his lineup for 2 games:

Hart LF

Gross DH

Braun 3B

Fielder 1B

Hardy SS

Jenkins LF

Hall CF

Estrada C

Counsell 2B

The third game I'd go:

Gwynn CF

Hardy SS

Braun 3B

Fielder 1B

Hart RF

Jenkins LF

Estrada C

Gross DH

Graffanino 2B

Yost has to seperate his lefties. The Rangers LOOGY Wilson is lights out vs. lefties and could be a factor if Yost lines them up.

Sadly, I don't see much hope for getting Estrada out of the 5-hole. Assuming that Ned refuses to drop Estrada since he believes the Top 5 should be the same every day, it'll probably look something like this:

RF Hart

SS Hardy

3B Braun

1B Fielder

C Estrada

LF Jenkins

CF Hall

DH Gross

2B Counsell

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think this is a golden opportunity to get Hall on track. DH him for a few days and see what happens.

My lineup:

Hart RF

Gwynn CF

Hardy SS

Fielder 1B

Braun 3B

Jenkins LF

Hall DH

Estrada C

Counsell 2B

Wouldn't bother me if Counsell and Gwynn were flip flopped.

It also wouldn't bother me if Corey play first for a few days to give Prince the DH duties.

Give it a rest people! Yost is keeping Estrada in the 5-spot. How do I know? Because for the last 2 weeks, many of you have been posting your lineups and one thing has stayed consistent....Johnny's stayed in the 5-spot behind Prince!!!

Just because you put something in print, it doesn't mean it will show up on Yost's lineup card. I am all for keeping Estrada in the 5-spot. He's too good of a hitter to keep this slump up and if ever Yost was going to pull one of his "stubborn stances," this is one I can definitely back.

I agree that hell will probably freeze over before Estrada is moved from the 5th spot. Didn't Bill mention a little while ago that Yost is one of the guys that believes that the Top 5 in the lineup should stay the same, no matter what? Something about consistency from those spots in the order.

The only thing that's been consistent about the top 5 spots in the Brewers' order is Estrada hitting into double plays to kill rallies once Prince gets on base. It'll only be a matter of time before teams start intentionally walking Prince if there's a base open to get to Estrada.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Estrada has had one year in his career with an OPS over .800. He's about the worst #5 hitter you could imagine. A walking double play.

By this reasoning, Braun should be moved out of the 3 hole as well. He is GIDP's at twice the rate of Estrada.

Estrada - 7 DP's / 192 Plate appearances = 3.65%

Braun - 4 / 53 = 7.55%

That doesn't even include plate appearances with nobody on base.

Not that I'm saying either should, or should not, be moved right now, but I'm just saying that moving them based on DP threat is rather ridiculous.

Ryan grounded into 10 double plays in his last 574 minor league ABs. That's 1.7% of his ABs.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If he puts Hall at DH I hope he'd use Gross out in the field, then bring in Gwynn later in the game as a defensive replacement/pinch runner or whatever. Gwynn has one extra base hit in the last month, which is a span of 52 AB's.

Archived