Brewer Fanatic

6/9/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Rangers (McCarthy): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
That would be my guess too.....but then I have to question how good of shape he is in. Then again, I have never pitched 7 innings in that kind of heat at the major league level....so I shouldn't talk.

I certainly hope you are kidding, throwing 100 pitches and not counting the warm-up tosses in 90 degree heat with high humidity is incredibly difficult.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
What the heck? Sheets is only at 100 pitches, and he is pitching a shutout! What is happening? What is wrong with Ned Yost? Sometimes I want to kick him right in the face!

Ummm. Sheets is at 100 pitches.

It's 88 Degrees.

You have one of the best set-up men in the league.

You have the best closer in the league.

It really wasn't even a decision worth thinking twice about in my opinion.

It's really nice to see Graffy start to hit like himself again lately. He's been pretty good the last handful of times he's started.

True that. I know he wasn't going to have an OPS in the .500's very long one way or another, but I bet Braun relieved some of the pressure that came with trying to hit like an everyday 3B.

I certainly hope you are kidding, throwing 100 pitches and not counting the warm-up tosses in 90 degree heat with high humidity is incredibly difficult.

I'm sure someone has thrown a complete game in Arlington during the summer months.

It really wasn't even a decision worth thinking twice about in my opinion.

I disagree. Sheets saying he was done is one thing. Obviously in that case, you take him out. But guys with shutouts go over 100 pitches all the time. I hadn't really considered the heat though, which is a fair point. Even so, guys throwing 110-115 pitches in heat isn't really that crazy.

Quote:
I'm sure someone has thrown a complete game in Arlington during the summer months.

Last year nobody did.

The closest was

Padilla who left after 8 innings with a 4 hit shutout going.

Buchholz for Houston who left after 7 innings with a 2 hit shutout.

Reinnecker for Texas who left after 88 pitches with 1 run and 4 hits.

Eaton for Texas who left after 91 pitches with 4 hits and 2 runs.

Westbrook for Cleveland left after 7 innigns with 2 runs and 2 hits.

Archived